Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much skyline here so I'll throw in a clue quick if you need one.

photo.jpg

Google search for least amount of daylight... Rjukan Norway (At least until they placed the mirrors)

Okay not really a skyline... might disqualify me as i may not be following the rules. More of a geographic location.
82d4b678f088d735341028b9a6083eaa.jpg

Ok, now I’m confused. I was pretty sure it’s was the South Pole (I had a colleague who worked BICEP2 which is next door to NOAA) and the picture looks identical to the one on NOAA’s web site:

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/obop/
Must be same modular building somewhere else?

I think Ckuhns found a mis-labled copy of that photo, the flags and signs are identical to the one on the NOAA's website.

This happens to me too many times... I know I recognise a place (or think I do) but can't name it in detail. I was with work to India for some 5-6 years ago and we visited a place looking very much like that. A temple? But do I remember anything more? nope...

This happens to me too many times... I know I recognise a place (or think I do) but can't name it in detail. I was with work to India for some 5-6 years ago and we visited a place looking very much like that. A temple? But do I remember anything more? nope...

Yah lots of spectacular buildings in India. The above pic has 2...

Bullocks Wilshire building on Wilshire Blvd in LA.

I know it because I lived in LA for three years, but I'm curious why you think we've all seen it?

Plus, the light in that picture looks distinctly LA. I'm guessing the picture was taken early evening?

@duncan.brown is right on! Yes, that picture was taken in the early evening, on the way to supper. My cousin graduated from Southwestern Law School, which now owns the building. The building was used for the exterior shots of the apartment building in the final scene in "Ghostbusters." In addition, Aerosmith filmed their "Love in an Elevator" video in the lobby (and elevators).

The building was used for the exterior shots of the apartment building in the final scene in "Ghostbusters."
Ah that's right! I never made that connection for some reason!

I was also today days old before I finally clicked that it's "Wilshire Blvd" and not "Wiltshire Blvd," despite having lived in LA. My brain has been autocorrecting it to the name of the English county all this time...

Here's the next one. Ignore my daughter on the right of the picture, but the rest of the foreground is also a clue.

IMG_6917.jpeg

Back