Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right direction from SLO, but too far so you've ended up cooler.

Wyoming is definitely getting colder, Red Bluff is probably as warmish as one of the previous answers but is not hot.

Nobody's said the right state/province yet.

Last edited:
Possibly a bit warmer, but not by much, and it's not Alberta either.

Heh. No - getting warmer but still not hot. And it's a rather bigger town than that.

Not that big! Anywhere in Canada is quite a bit colder than some of the previous answers.

There's a drink connection of sorts.

Finally we're getting somewhere! It's taken a long time, and me saying that Vancouver, Idaho and northern California were all sort of equally warmish, but yes we are in Washington.

Spokane and Yakima are both too big, but are both about equally hot.

As a bit of a further clue - those hills look pretty dry, which doesn't sound like coastal Washington to me, so think about that whilst still staying roughly equidistant from Spokane and Yakima.

We have a winner! It is indeed Walla Walla, a town of 33k in the SE corner of Washington state, probably best known today for its vineyards.

However, there's also an interesting slavery link since we were doing that. I'm not an expert on this stuff but I've been doing some reading about slavery among the tribes of the PNW. It's pitched as "good" slavery in that it is claimed to have been not as severe as in some other places, I suspect that's just because they were less into fixed farming that allows one to build plantations. If you're mostly fishing then it's pretty easy for mistreated slaves to steal a canoe and escape, so there's an incentive not to be too hard on them.

Anyway, from what I've been reading, it seems Walla Walla was sort of the PNW equivalent of Liberia or Sierra Leone, it was inhabited by slaves from other tribes freed by the Nez Percé. So apologies for being a bit obscure, but I thought it was interesting.

@3 Dawg Night is up next.

@Northern_Brewer is definitely more intellectual with this than I am! I'm just picking skylines for places where I've enjoyed drinking good beer!

I spent three weeks here for work, a little over a decade ago. It was delightful! The hotel where I stayed had a pub/tavern with outdoor seating on the bottom floor, and I ate a delicious dinner and drank some great local beer almost every night I was there. Any more details would give it away, so I'll save those for hints (if needed).

It's not the most interesting picture, but it's the best I could find.

skyline2.jpg

Back