Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I think I finally found it but much further north and west than I thought. Is it Trier? I thought it was definitely Bavaria-esque.

photo0016.jpg

Not Paris.

Edit:I'd give a hint but that's a pretty distinctive cathedral there. ;)

Last edited:
It does look French doesn't it. There's another more visible landmark a bit further up the hill behind.

The flying buttresses look to be for looks not support. This is a WAG based on the multiple pipe chimneys. I've only ever noticed them in England. Therefore my WAG is London.

London is colder than Paris. As the crow flies Paris is closer to London than this city is to Paris.

Edit: and yeah just noticing that is a lot of chimneys or vents!

Thought it might be kind of easy, Hamburg it is - Your up. (My eyes couldn't read that regardless of how much I blew it up.) My better half just said "DUH!!!"

I don't have a specific place, but observations that may help someone else. Left hand drive, Texaco station, some palm trees. So tropical? Looks like too much flat land before mountains in the back to be Caribbean? Probably former British Colony.

I don't have a specific place, but observations that may help someone else. Left hand drive, Texaco station, some palm trees. So tropical? Looks like too much flat land before mountains in the back to be Caribbean? Probably former British Colony.

On the right track.

Definately a former or current British colony influence. Cars on the left side of the road.

I am thinking carribian island. Maybe Jamaica, Haiti, or Dominican Republic (I visited all three a number of years ago.) Wild Axxed Guess. is it Kingston, Jamaica?

Haiti and the Dominican Repiblic i believe drive on the right.

Looks like the San Pedro, California Marina (If it is then a number of years ago I stayed at the Hilton with the red / orange roof right at the marina but cant remember the name of the marina itself) I remember the marina being a LOT bigger though...

San Pedro and Cabrillo Marina is correct. This is a pretty old picture as the area has been further developed over time with parks and walks, etc. The shorter of the two warehouses in the upper right hand corner is home to Brouwerij West which has great beer, lots of food trucks and bands on a regular basis. See: https://www.brouwerijwest.com/home

The big open lawn on the left is Fort McCarthur.

Last edited:
Staying with the harbor theme. This one is likely going to be a LOT harder. (Or not)
HINT - To get you started much smaller and this time of year likely nearly covered in snow and ice.
d48426abcc82e7bba0d3d9b612dd007eefaf08ef1250e9935ad97a06a58da8ae.jpg

Back