Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is Boston

The picture was taken from the fantail of my old ship, USS Hawes (FFG-53) while she was ported there for Fleet Week, June 2010

6 months before she was decommissioned

Trav77, you're up

I figured the flag was on the stern of a ship and I briefly considered that you were messing with us by putting a US flag in a photo of a non-US city but the clock tower gave it away for me as Boston.

Here's mine. Not my photo so no cheating. Bonus points for the name of the place the photo is taken from.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1493342362.837049.jpg

I figured the flag was on the stern of a ship and I briefly considered that you were messing with us by putting a US flag in a photo of a non-US city but the clock tower gave it away for me as Boston.

View attachment 398254

I believe that is Langone Park on the other side of the water there

site of the famous 1919 Boston Molasses Disaster. 21 people were killed when a tank containing 2.3 million gallons of fermenting molasses exploded, creating a 40-foot high wave flooding several city blocks to a depth of 2 to 3 ft

Got it! Bears Hump, Waterton Lakes National Park in Alberta, Canada

Yep. The little green roof way down there on the left is the Prince of Wales Hotel and part of the upper lake is actually in Glacier Park in Montana.

You're up.

36748.jpg

Back