Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pardon the poor quality, taken from a hotel room window on a hazy day:

20140514_120219.jpg

City looks huge and Chicago is the biggest city I have been to in a few decades. So I'm going to say NYC.

Damn, that building stands out like a sore thumb. Must be where all the star bellied sneetches hang out. No clue as to where it is.

Dang, I thought it was going to be obscure enough to go a few rounds. It's on, Photopilot!

I was just there last month.;) I recognized it from a documentary a few years ago on the area. They were trying to determine if the radiation was causing the local wolves and Moose to mutate to a larger breed. Turns out the rest of the fauna thrive when you remove humans.

This is a clip of a pano I took. The images on either side would make it too obvious.

IMG_4427_HDR.jpg

Can't make much of anything from this one, but it kinda looks like the view from my office right now.

Anyway, I will throw a guess that this is a slow exposed photo of the suburban sprawl around San Francisco.

Can't make much of anything from this one, but it kinda looks like the view from my office right now.

Anyway, I will throw a guess that this is a slow exposed photo of the suburban sprawl around San Francisco.

Hop Heavy your up.

I grew up in the East Bay and that is the view most people know. This view is from the Marin side of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I am a little surprised... I really thought it might be Brooklyn, too. Mostly because I imagined the images you said were clipped from view (In my mind it could have been the Verrazano Bridge on the right and the Manhattan Skyline on the left)

Anyway, here is the next town...

NameThatSkyline3.jpg

I am a little surprised... I really thought it might be Brooklyn, too. Mostly because I imagined the images you said were clipped from view (In my mind it could have been the Verrazano Bridge on the right and the Manhattan Skyline on the left)

Anyway, here is the next town...

I'm going to throw out a wild assed guess and say Chicago. Some sort of bridge over where all the Metra lines converge into the city, but a view looking away from downtown.

The first post of this thread was Chicago so I'm glad you didn't.

This looks way too nice and modern but I have no other guesses.

Cleveland?

Figured if not Chicago with all those trains, it had to be out of N.A.

Somewhere in Japan would be my guess.

Back