Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone will know this even though it has only a smidge of actual skyline:
Dublin1.JPG

Indeed it is. We were on a walk in Dublin in 2017. We actually had a pint later in The Long Hall which is less photogenic from the outside.
You're up @schmurf

Ha! I saw the filename "Dublin1.jpg" when I moused-over, and I thought: "He's trying to throw us off the scent."
Hehe, for what it's worth, I didn't notice that :) the photo reminded me of a online webcam I watched long time ago, but now when I look at that one again it isn't the same Dublin bar (was the Temple bar).

Anyhow.... here's another photo, maybe a bit tricky?

photo.jpg

Hehe, for what it's worth, I didn't notice that :) the photo reminded me of a online webcam I watched long time ago, but now when I look at that one again it isn't the same Dublin bar (was the Temple bar).

Anyhow.... here's another photo, maybe a bit tricky?

View attachment 713160
Ha! I wasn't suggesting you cheated! I just thought it was funny that I also immediately thought "Dublin," then inadvertently saw the filename, and it threw me off! No such luck on "photo.jpg" though!

I'll bite first. The cars are driving on the right, so it's not the UK. The vehicles do not look American, though. This is likely incorrect, but is it Athens?

Not Istanbul, but you're not far off. Actually, I think it's a bit disputed which continent it is... I'm having second thoughts about my claim...

Driving on the right side of the road. Something about the roof style make me think France but that is just a wild guess really. Mountains in the background.

Paris it is. Taken from our hotel room on a trip in 2013.
You're up @beermanpete
Man, I've got to stop second-guessing myself. That's two in a row where I've had the right answer but thought it was too obvious! As soon as @beermanpete posts his photo, I'm going to reply with the first city that pops into my mind! This should be entertaining.

Back