Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left hand drive cars, Asia, some English language, not India. I feel like it might be Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur?

Nice guess! It's Kuala Lumpur rail station. Pretty distinctive place and unmistakable when you take the train to the city from the airport. Surprised you didn't mention the Moorish/Islamic architecture. You're up!

Channge of climate

upload_2020-1-14_23-58-5.jpeg

Feels like the Alps, German writing - not sure the mountain is pointy enough to be the Matterhorn but I guess it depends on the angle, so Zermatt?

The architecture screams Bavaria but I can’t place the village. Probably somewhere near the Tyrolean border.

Is it in a town with a fiddle factory "in the midst of the forest"?

Edit: and yes I googled 'German violin maker towns'--so don't give me the 'win' if someone else can guess the actual town name without googling it too...

Last edited:
Is it in a town with a fiddle factory "in the midst of the forest"?

Edit: and yes I googled 'German violin maker towns'--so don't give me the 'win' if someone else can guess the actual town name without googling it too...

It is my understanding that your google search terms are appropriate and lawful. Am I incorrect?

He never actually said the name of the town. I don't know how anyone else one would get the name of this place unless they had been there recently. The picture below is another hint for the masses if @Gulo_gulo doesn't want to name the town.

These are the rules, admittedly "or any other method" is ambiguous:

4. This is an honor system here so let's keep it fair and fun for everyone. No cheating by using SEARCH GOOGLE FOR IMAGE or looking at the IMAGE URL, or any other method.
upload_2020-1-17_8-17-42.jpeg

He never actually said the name of the town. I don't know how anyone else one would get the name of this place unless they had been there recently. The picture below is another hint for the masses if @Gulo_gulo doesn't want to name the town.

These are the rules, admittedly "or any other method" is ambiguous:

View attachment 662314

My interpretation of gulo gulo's response was he/she knew the answer after searching on google but thought he/she couldn't reveal the name of the "town" after a google search. My understanding is that use of the image itself is inappropriate not a google search of terms or descriptors.

Yeah thanks for the clarifications. I didn't think it was violating rules, but thought it was unfair to swoop in and name it since I hadn't been involved in narrowing it down. But sounds like no one else is committing either...

So Mittenwald it is?

No, Victoria is a lot bigger. And note that i didn't confirm B.C., just that it's on the Pacific side of North America.

No one has ever climbed the northwest face of the mountain on the far left background.

Last edited:
Looks like eastern Europe to me, maybe Romania. Ploiesti? (I looked at a map and it's near some hills...)

That's too funny. I think I've been in that area of Barcelona with the palace and the waterfall features but wow the picture did not trigger my memory!

Back