n00b with a rehab kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roguescotbrewing

Reaction score
Hey folks. Just got my hands on an old Beverage-Air BM23. By old, I mean brown cabinet, wood rails, R-12 data plate, and a 73Ixxxx serial number. Found her at a thrift store of all places, and snagged her for $42. She fires up, but doesn't cool (a note stating she needed a freon charge was scrawled on her top), has minimal rust inside, and all the hardware for a Sankey tap and single faucet. My goal is to get her recharged, repainted, and rigged out with a four faucet T-head, running both CO2 and a Nitrogen line. I know four Corny kegs will fit inside, and a 5# CO2 tank. My question is this; if I'm running three (or four) kegs at varying pressures, how big a tank do I need? Is a 5 pounder enough, or do I need a 10?

Another couple of questions. The air duct for the faucet tower is in bad shape. Looks like 1" corrugated hose, with a funny hanger on the end. How the frak do I remove and replace that duct, and where does the free end clip to? And how do I remove the drip-tray drain line?

I'll also try to post a pic or two of the rehab in process.

Drip tray line pulls right off, the hanger on the tower cooling like hooks to the tap head inside the tower to keep the vent from falling out, and from what I hear you can get a replacement vent at Lowes or home depot cheap. I haven't replaced my duct yet but I think you have to take off the evap housing first. The size of the co2 tank I don't know if it would matter, you would just have to fill your tank more frequently with 4 kegs hooked up to it. Also you should note that larger co tanks aren't much more money when you are buying them and check out if you have a paintball place local to you, they'll fill them cheap without you needing to do a tank exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back