N00b in OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ds5160

Reaction score
Hello, a n00b in Oregon here. Did my first batch of cider with some tips from this site and from my neighbor. My neighbor, an experienced brewer was kind enough to loan me all the hardware I needed, so I only had to buy my ingredients. I used the Quick Cider recipe from the book Cider by Annie Proulx and.....someone else, I can't remember the name. I bottled yesterday, and the taste was decent. I added some sweetener and will let that go for a couple of days, then I'll pasteurize the bottles.

Very happy to see a gluten-free forum. My girlfriend is gluten-intolerant, not celiac like her aunt, but since she stopped consuming gluten, her health has improved dramatically. I do not care for beer myself, but she likes it, and it would be fun to do a batch just for her. I would also like to do attempt a hard lemonade, but I will need to use something from the gluten-free forum to substitute for the malt extract.

Welcome. Sorghum syrup might work in hard lemonade. I'd make a test batch first though.

Back