N/A beer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber_bob

Reaction score
Any other time that I've brewed, the, OG, sample has been pretty good, but the final product was much better.
I've been in search of a damned good nut brown, and the other day on, V2.1 I hit what I wanted so very dead on, (og sample), that I almost didn't feel the need to ferment.

It tasted exactly like I was shooting for right out of the BK after cooling. I mean, this is the taste I expected after 2months or so of aging. Flat taste didn't interfere, the no alcohol factor, didn't kick in.

I think if I carbed this, (in a keg), nobody would figure it for a no alcohol beer. I mean, to me it already tasted fantastic, and if I didn't know better I'd consider it to be a BIG damned beer! Totally surprised me!!!

Now this batch is going through the standard routine,... but could you just get through the boil and chill stage and then keg and carb?

What's the down fall if everything is pasteurized and or sanitized?

pb --- never considered an N/A beer at all before, but this shows damned good potential!!!

Then again, I might just be,... well,...

Well, for one, it's not technically beer. NA beer is brewed like normal and then has the alcohol removed through various perverse processes that I will not utter in the tongue of men. Two, I would think it would be WAY too sweet. But, hey, it's your taste buds, your ingredients, and your malted soda. Do what you like and enjoy. No downfall that I can think of unless you don't like it or those you serve it to don't like it.

The only risk is wasted wort and I think it would still be great in any number of cooking applications.

ImNoExpert said:
NA beer is brewed like normal and then has the alcohol removed through various perverse processes that I will not utter in the tongue of men.

Lol

Have you ever had Malta soda? I think you might like it. It basically is a standard brown unfermented and its delicious

I hadn't thought of the sweetness issue. It might over inflate my beer gut. ;)

And I'll have to look into Malta Soda.

Thanks all,

pb

Back