MyPIN TA4 being screwy.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terek

"Did I just drop down a rabbit hole?"
Reaction score
I am having a big problem with my new myPIN controller. I got it all set up for my 3 wire 100 probe. I tested it in ice water. It was reading 24* high so I adjusted the settings to drop it 24 so it was reading 32 in ice water. Now I tested it in hot water. My pen thermometer is reading 105 but the probe is reading 90....
Any thoughts?

I am having a big problem with my new myPIN controller. I got it all set up for my 3 wire 100 probe. I tested it in ice water. It was reading 24* high so I adjusted the settings to drop it 24 so it was reading 32 in ice water. Now I tested it in hot water. My pen thermometer is reading 105 but the probe is reading 90....
Any thoughts?

bad pt 100 or faulty wiring? you did change the probe type to the pt 100 from the default thermocouple setting? Sorry Im just asking to cover the obvious stuff... and which wiring diagram did you follow? the one on the mypin is the correct one and depending on the model the diagram in the directions sheet doesnt always match and can be incorrect.

Back