My New Tattoo Part 2: The Shading Begins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
Here is part 2 of my tattoo im getting. This is the tree portion shaded in. Next time it will be the outside and the center portion. Let me know what you think. The second pic is the first trip to the shop./

ctattoo3.jpg

289806023_syXqS-L.jpg

I love how a tattoo artist can give you several hundred to thousands of needle pricks......but they can't give you a damn local?? lolz

I love the pain. I have many tattoos the biggest which is a full sleeve. I can almost fall asleep, but never totally pass out.

Nice tat.

I love how a tattoo artist can give you several hundred to thousands of needle pricks......but they can't give you a damn local?? lolz

I know, and at least around here they wont allow you to show up drunk either. I have one around my bicep and once they got to the under arm area it sucked. Gotta admit, even though I am not all into it since it was a youth thing I don't regret it like my elders told me I would. Been about 11 years now, just look at it as a reminder of a chapter of my life!

That's coming along nicely. I am looking into getting some more work from my elbow to midway down my forearm (1/4 sleeve?). Regarding pain, I have one that goes over my spine. I'm not saying its the worst area, but the spine hurts pretty damn bad...

That's coming along nicely. I am looking into getting some more work from my elbow to midway down my forearm (1/4 sleeve?). Regarding pain, I have one that goes over my spine. I'm not saying its the worst area, but the spine hurts pretty damn bad...

I hear the tops of feet hurt bad also! :mug:

I have one in between my shoulder blades, just above my bra strap and I vividly remember thinking "This isn't so bad..." then he started in over one of the vertebra. Yikes!

Back on topic, though, that tree shading is coming along great! You've got a good artist there, it seems. Can't wait to see it completed.

:rockin:

I know, and at least around here they wont allow you to show up drunk either. I have one around my bicep and once they got to the under arm area it sucked. Gotta admit, even though I am not all into it since it was a youth thing I don't regret it like my elders told me I would. Been about 11 years now, just look at it as a reminder of a chapter of my life!

For your benefit and theirs....that alcohol thinned blood bleeds out all over the place and it ends up looking like someone slaughtered a pig in the room.

For your benefit and theirs....that alcohol thinned blood bleeds out all over the place and it ends up looking like someone slaughtered a pig in the room.

+1...I got some work done the day AFTER considerable drinking and I bled noticeably more than normal...

I have several tattoos, the worst were the one's on my back right over the spine for sure...

My arms weren't too bad, altho I love the macho types that claim, "it doesn't hurt". I'm sorry, I don't care who you are, it's hurts... however it's how you deal with the pain that makes or breaks the whole experience. I enjoy the endurance and the way your body reacts to being tattooed, the thrill and adrenaline rush you get is the payoff for me.

I'm going to be going back to have my arms worked on, I started to conjure up an idea for sleeves but ran out of money and finding the right artist.

To the OP, very nice tat! very unique!!

Yah the shading was a lot worse then the line work was pain wise.

I always felt the opposite. the liner feels like someone drawing on me with razor blades and lightning.

the shader is just a very annoying scratching sensation.

very nice looking tat. i dig the subject matter so far, and the artist has skillz.

I hear the tops of feet hurt bad also! :mug:

Probably something to do with the boniness and thin skin. My hops (on my ankle, right about the weird nobby bone) hurt like a betch, was swollen for about a day, and veeeeery achy for a good week after. The dagger on my lower back (side, not over the spine) was a big fat nothing. That one was more like a bad cat scratch.

Nice tat, that is turning out awesome. I just finished my back about a month ago, not too painful although the shading over the spine was a little less than comfortable.

tat.jpg

Back