My new homebrew tattoo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eigenbrau

Reaction score
I figured you guys could appreciate this. Have to be dedicated to what you love, right? I go in for color in a couple of weeks; I'll update this when it's done.

"I brew, therefore I am."
SZnu4l.jpg

Do you think that if you start pumping iron that the barrel will get fatter?

I like the barrel, but when I get mine I'm going to do something different with the hop bines. Over xmas I'll probably go to an artist and see what they come up witih.

Did you design yours or have an artist come up with it? In for updated progress pics!

I like the barrel, but when I get mine I'm going to do something different with the hop bines. Over xmas I'll probably go to an artist and see what they come up witih.

Did you design yours or have an artist come up with it? In for updated progress pics!

My wife and I sat down and designed it together, but the work is all her hand. The design I brought to the shop looked a bit different than the final product. The artist insisted that some details be changed just so they'd turn out better. The color will differentiate the cone from the leaves a lot better. The barley was originally three on each side, but we went down to one since a larger picture looks crisper. I'll definitely post the finished product.

Very cool. That's not a word for word translation, by the way. "Also" in German means "thus" in English. I took 3 yrs of German in high school.

The direct translation would have been: "Ich braue, folglich bin ich"

Very cool. That's not a word for word translation, by the way. "Also" in German means "thus" in English. I took 3 yrs of German in high school.

The direct translation would have been: "Ich braue, folglich bin ich"

My wife's a German native, she did the translation. The phrase comes from Descartes' "Cogito Ergo sum", "I think, therefore I am", or "Ich denke also bin ich". While you're technically correct with the literal translation, the popular usage is "also" instead of "folglich" or even "daher". I would have hated to be one of those guys with the wrong translation on my arm :D

I love it Mage!!! I can't wait to see the color...I also have been working on a beer/brewing inspired tattoo!!

BTW I'm not too far from you in Tallahassee (assuming FWB FL = Ft Walton Beach FL)

My wife's a German native, she did the translation. The phrase comes from Descartes' "Cogito Ergo sum", "I think, therefore I am", or "Ich denke also bin ich". While you're technically correct with the literal translation, the popular usage is "also" instead of "folglich" or even "daher". I would have hated to be one of those guys with the wrong translation on my arm :D

Cool, just wanted to make sure. It looks great. I'm considering getting a brewing-related tattoo myself, just trying to figure out what I want.

Super awesome! I love ink and a custom HB one is even better. I actually am a bit jealous... Unfortunately, I have LOTS of ink that needs some TLC before I get anything new and I need a WHOLE lot of brew stuff before that...

Grats! :rockin:

Awesome! I have one tattoo that I got in college without a lot of forethought... I've been wanting another that I could really believe in, but haven't come up with it yet... maybe brewing is a topic I should explore. Looking forward to the colored in pics.

Here you go guys, just had it finished today. It's still fresh, so the colors haven't settled just yet, but I'm extremely happy with how it turned out.

BfnMkl.jpg

The tattoo looks great. I really like the how sharp the grain looks. I'll eventually get a brewing tattoo once I can settle on a solid design although I do like yours.

congrats! really nice tatoo....
Unfortunately you do have a typo in the german phrase....

just kidding.

The famous 'cogito ergo sum' can be transformend as ?cervisio? ergo sum and translated into 'Ich braue, also bin ich' - you can use capital letters (as headline) but I am pretty sure you missed the comma (but that's just my opinion as native speaker)

cool tat, that is

It was originally supposed to be a banner with no punctuation, but the artist said it would turn out better minus the banner. The loss of punctuation stuck. You're very right though, it should be there.

Back