My new furniture!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkrausen

Reaction score
Definition of FURNITURE
: equipment that is necessary, useful, or desirable.

I will probably not be showing anyone anything that they haven't already done or seen, but I just had to share. I have to say that with all grain, this project and so many other things, if you do enough research (excessive even) it's quite rewarding and not as difficult as you think. I pieced together some of the ideas from the fine members of this site as well as elsewhere on the web. I went with the keezer setup because I liked the look of it better than the stand up freezer/fridge and the timing of a great sale on a Maytag 14.8cf chest freezer.
IMAG0715_zps6bde2150.jpg

I wanted a setup that looked good but didn't require modifying the freezer at all so I went the collar route.
IMAG0718_zps733b4548.jpg

I was waiting on the rest of my hardware to arrive but I was a little impatient so I went ahead and continued on the collar.
IMAG0721_zps1ba4f9a3.jpg

Finally my hardware arrived so I installed my new taps!
IMAG0727_zps23da924f.jpg

I only have four kegs at the moment and money would only allow me to get three but I think it's a good start.
IMAG0728_zpsb6a4ca60.jpg

Prior to this picture I caulked the space between the 2x4 frame and the maple 1x6 front to get a good seal. There wasn't enough clearance for my manifold so I ripped a 2x4 and put it where I would install the manifold. Then I put some weather stripping that I had laying around on the bottom of the frame to get a good seal.
IMAG0731_zpsa9ca6361.jpg

An inside look. Plenty of room to expand the operation.
IMAG0734_zpsb9d90333.jpg

And with it completed and the first pint of many to come! I was going to stain it but I decided I liked the way it looks unfinished.
IMAG0733_zps2b74a878.jpg

Next up is tiling the floor in the kitchen that you can see to the left of the keezer and then building a base with some casters for the keezer itself. I think I have my priorities in order. :D

Back