My latest brewery upgrade - slide in pump mounts!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hwk-I-St8

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for about 6 months but kept getting busy with other things. I have two brew tables that are Husky brand workbenches that have a crank to adjust them up and down. When not in use, I nest them. On brew day, I roll one out to the side to make an 'L' with the tables. I have a KRIMS rig with two pumps and have been wanting to mount them under the main table where they'd be easily accessed, but doing so permanently would interfere with nesting and would make cleanup more challenging.

My solution was to make slide in mounts. I bought some Z-channel designed to hang pictures and mounted it on the underside of the table. I had to add some washers to get a little deeper channel, but now I can slide the pump mounting plate in on brew day and slide them out when not in use. Pictures to come....

20211104_172411.jpg
20211104_172408.jpg
20211104_172358.jpg
20211104_172347.jpg

This is badass and have been looking for a solution just like yours. Do you find the Husky crank adjustable benches hold the weight just fine? (Don't need to crank while weighted obviously) I brew 10g batches - sometimes back to back so I often have my HLT full and being heated as the previous batch is boiling.

@Hwk-I-St8 I just happened upon your post today. I like your pump mounting slide. Looks like it makes quick easy work out of removing and reinstalling your pump. I've been using an old musicians road rack for portability but it is in my way while brewing. I've been trying to come up with an idea to mount my wort pump and that is it. Thanks for sharing. I will use slides mounted to a make shift spacer to get below the outer rim of my stainless brew table.

Man I can't tell ya how long I have been trying to figure some solution to mounting my pumps under my stainless table without some overly complicated series of brackets and framing. This is so elegant, and I can't wait to give it a shot!

What a great idea! I built an actual slide out table using drawer slides, but I really like how yours have nothing underneath the pump (I always get wort on the slide out table). Bravo!

Hmmm..interesting idea. I’ve got my kegerator and beer fridge on the side wall of the garage. I’ve drawn out shifting those two things to the back wall and replacing it with…something on which I would brew.

Was looking at husky tool cabinets and trying to figure out will the height work, will the drawers be useful enough to store what I have..which would free up the cabinets that stuff is currently in..damn these things are expensive!!

The kind of workbench you have would address a couple of those things, and maybe I could just shift storage bins directly underneath. Thanks for sharing!!

Back