MY Keg froze!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhonda00

Reaction score
Alright, I came home from school tonight and tried to pull a pint, but the only thing that came out was the beer that was in my line. So I checked the gas to make sure it wasn't gone, which it isn't, and checked my beer out ball-lock and all seemed good. I opened the lid on the keg and noticed it was a little slushie in there. I turned the temp down and now I'm waiting. Do yall think it will be ok?

Take it out of the fridge for an hour or so to thaw. It'll be OK. In some cases my beer has tasted better after it thawed.

It's illegal (in the US), but if one should remove the ice it becomes an ice-_(whatever)_, thus concentrating the alcohol; e.g., a bock becomes and (ice) eisbock.

If you turn the temp down, won't it just freeze solid? I think you want to turn the temp UP if it's already freezing.

:D

Lol you know what I mean. I turned the heat up on the fridge.

Take it out of the fridge for an hour or so to thaw. It'll be OK. In some cases my beer has tasted better after it thawed.

It's illegal (in the US), but if one should remove the ice it becomes an ice-_(whatever)_, thus concentrating the alcohol; e.g., a bock becomes and (ice) eisbock.

Yeah, I just turned the fridge down, but only after I drank about three pints of straight vodka! Lol, j/k. I decided to have a glass of wine tonight. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back