My first wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBrewHawk

Reaction score
Brewing my first wheat today. Extract recipe based on Palmer's Three Weisse Guys American wheat. This will also be my first time not racking to a secondary. I want to bottle the first half as is, and bottle the 2nd half with raspberry extract. So my question is how much ras. extract to use for 2.5 gallons?

I would put in 1/4 of the bottle (assuming it's 5 oz.) and see how it tastes, you can always add more. Depends on how much raspberry you really want.

If it were me,I'd use just enough to put the raspberry flavor "on the back". In other words,at the end of the swallow,where you get that last flavor hit. It's kinda like an "oh wow! That's wild,lemme try that again!" kind of thing. I like the way the Germans are good at doing that sort of thing with hops & such.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll start at 1/4 and go from there. Flavored beers are nice sometimes, but it also seems to be a style that can go wrong fast if you go over overboard. 2 that I really like are Purple Haze by Abita and Orange Blossom by Buffalo Bill's, but I have tasted just as many that are...not so good. So, yeah, I'm definitely looking to keep it subtle

If it were me,I'd use just enough to put the raspberry flavor "on the back". In other words,at the end of the swallow,where you get that last flavor hit. It's kinda like an "oh wow! That's wild,lemme try that again!" kind of thing. I like the way the Germans are good at doing that sort of thing with hops & such.

+1 on this. Sounds like it'll be good!

Latest posts

Back