My First Time with Kveik

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwightr8

Reaction score
Pitched Lallemand Voss Kveik into 98 F wort about 11:00 pm last night. I don't know when it started but it's going gang busters this morning. The temp has cooled to about 89 F and it looks like I should be able to maintain that. I hadn't heard too much about pressure fermenting with Kveik but thought I'd give it a try. It's sitting at 15 psi now and seems perfectly happy. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. It's a bit over the top Irish Red - OG = 1.082! I'm still dialing things in and I'm having trouble believing I'm getting 87% efficiency but I guess I am. Anybody else tried Kveik under pressure?

You will have to do some reading but had seen other mention it in this thread
LALBREW® VOSS KVEIK ALE YEAST
Might have also seen mention in the lutra yeast thread too
Omega Lutra yeast?

search for spunding.

I have used the Omega voss and was impressed at how fast it works but not under pressure. I have some of the lallemand's dry voss but not have tried it yet. The Omega was pretty clean for me, I was hoping for orange ester so wont be trying a pressure ferment, but might give it a try with lutra which is suppose to be a clean yeast.

So how did your ferment under pressure go? I bought a pkg of Lallemand Kveik Ale yeast and am itching to try it but have absolutely no experience with it. I’ve started fermenting under pressure lately and really like it.

Back