My first kegerator will start from this!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goingmad

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was planning to search an used fridge to convert in kegerator in early 2012, but I've found this used one for less than 100$ and I've taken immediately!

Photo-Dec-17%2C-1-39-54-PM.jpg

The keg and the gas tank are fitting well inside

Photo-Dec-17%2C-1-40-17-PM.jpg

and there is also an internal light, making it nice for nights parties...

Photo-Dec-16%2C-6-45-51-PM.jpg

I have to clean it very deep, need to fix some parts old and full of rust, maybe even change the analog thermometer with a digital one, find a nice handle for opening the front door, choose the right tower and faucet.

The wheels you see are temporary, just added yesterday in 5 min just to move it in an easy way.

Anybody had something similar? Suggestions?

Thanks

GM

Some more steps

faucet tower now is well in place

Photo%20Feb%2006%2C%2012%2050%2048%20PM.jpg

and a first draft beer came out from just to celebrate the super bowl of yesterday! :D

Photo%20Feb%2005%2C%203%2016%2002%20PM.jpg

Still some more things to do

- leave the co2 tank outside, on the back of the fridge, as seen in other top kegerators
- paint it in let's say some pearl black (if anybody can suggest a nice one seen somewhere will be very nice!)
- build basements for the keg and for the co2 tanks, they must fit and stay without falling if the kegerator is moving
- find and fit proper wheels for moving it around
- design and build some handlebars, ss probably, to give it a "luxury" look

If anybody is interested, this is the faucet I've bought. I have to say that the hose has not a wide diameter, smaller than the one that was right for the keg plug. I had to work a bit, but now is working properly.

Cheers

gm

Last edited by a moderator:
Really cool, would love to have one of those, but I don't think that I have seen one in the States.

Latest posts

Back