My first brew! How is it going to turn out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBeast6

Reaction score
Hi guys

I plan to be come a master brewer but I am doing my first brew at the moment and are slightly worried after reading all the posts on here! Everyone is talking about a load of stuff I've never heard of before!

I've got a bucket, a pressure barrel, two cans of thick gloopy sweet smelling black stuff, some yeast and some water and sugar. I warmed the cans up and put them into the bucket with a load of water (40 pints) and yeast. Then i left it for 6 days, yesterday I transferred it into the pressure bucket and added 100 grams of sugar. Now I am leaving it in a warm place for 2 days and then putting it in a cooler place for 14 days.

Does this sound like it'll work?

Simon

A pressure barrel is a European cask, right? I'm not familiar with them. Why does one allow it to warm up for a day and then cool it back down?

And what is warm and cool?

You'll make something... what i'm not all that sure. What you did seems a little hard to redirect into the proper methods of brewing as it seems like you got some brewing supplies threw them in a bucket and said go. I would suggest reading at least this chapter from "How to Brew" before anything else. http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/index.html

It is a home brew kit and I just followed the instructions... I want to work towards brewing with all the raw ingredients. I'd also like to start an allotment and grow all the ingredients myself as well...

You are in the right area to learn! And How To Brew is a great place to learn a quite a bit.

Latest posts

Back