My first AG day... hope it turns out OK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMIGS714

Reaction score
so my first AG day turned out alright so far, I only had a few hickups.

two days ago I brewed a Midwest Oktobererfest Kit and today for the first AG was a Pilney The Elder Clone. I was only off on the gravity by 4 points and i forgot to add the sugar... oh well i hit 1.073 into the fermenter.

first my MLT sprung a leak while i was pre-warming it, so after an extra washer and a new o-ring that fixed that.

Second my lid for my fermenter broke so i decided to transfer another beer i had fermenting to a keg to finish fermenting (where i hope its OK) the beer is on its 3 day fermenting away so i think it should be ok. i purged the keg with CO2 before i transfered the beer.

My fridge for the Oktoberfest died so i got a new freezer which i was planning on using for the Pilney clone so i decided to meet half way and ferment them both at 60F.

so for my first AG day it was fun:rockin::ban:

Yea I deffenity learned a lot from this experience, I thought I would have an extra 3 gal of sparge water but ended up using it all to hit the 8 gal mark. Im glad I took the plunge

Latest posts

Back