My finger is super stinky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have already taken scissors to an edge of it but am going to give it another day or two before I do any more trimming. It's freakin' ATTACHED now. I'm not gonna have the things start gushin' blood all over again.

The smell kinda threw me. Wasn't expectin that.

Nothin like drinking and getting battle wounds. About 2 months ago I decided it was a good idea to make deviled eggs at 11pm. Good ole slash to the knuckle!

image-3963573234.jpg

In all seriousness you could slather some good quality coconut oil on it, I've found that does actually help with healing, and coconut oil is slightly antimicrobial. Also I have not had occassion to try it, but supposedly applying yarrow to a wound makes it clot pretty quickly (plus if you eat some before drinking it DOES magnify the effects).

It's kinda shriveled a little but see??? It's not all gangrene.. much.

That's all? That's what your bitchin about? I thought it was the tip of the finger, not just a bit of skin. Shoulda just ripped the damn thing off to begin with.

I sympathize man, finger tips are some of the most sensitive parts of the body. At work our safety instructor told us to never feel to see if a door is hot in a fire situation using the finger tips, because they will PEEL RIGHT OFF! and That HURTS!. He said to always touch just briefly with the back of the hand. Now of course he said nothing about inserting fingers into a garbage disposal, food processor or snow blower but that's just the way he is. If it hurts too much just check out kratom, it goes well in hand with not wanting any Dr. bills.

That's all? That's what your bitchin about? I thought it was the tip of the finger, not just a bit of skin. Shoulda just ripped the damn thing off to begin with.

When did I say it was the tip?? And what bitching am I doin'??? And when did I say it even hurt??

All I said was that it smells bad.

You and Az have selective hearing.

When did I say it was the tip?? And what bitching am I doin'??? And when did I say it even hurt??

All I said was that it smells bad.

You and Az have selective hearing.

No, we just know you well enough to only pay attention to a tiny fraction of what you say.

Bithead said:
You need some super glue on that thing to hold it in place till it heals.

Super glue is great! It has helped me heal from multiple lacerations with minimal scarring. My knuckles were skinned off at a factory that I worked at, and it was the only thing I found that could protect them while they healed. It burns something fierce when you put on though.

I did that to the palm of my hand. All that skin is just going to die. If it's super thick than keep it around. If it's just white and can pull off your finger easily than cut it all. It will heal better without the skin starving it of oxygen. At least I think

Do yourself a favour & GO TO THE DOCTOR. If it stinks & is turning black, you're running the very real risk of gangrene; you know, the $hit that rots parts off your body & eventually kills you without proper treatment. Better to spend the $50 bucks & a couple hrs at the docs than to avoid it & hope for the best while risking gangrene or something equally distressing.
Regards, GF.

Let a dog lick it. Something will happen.

My dogs eyes roll into the back of her head when I let her lick my finger if I cut it...but last time I did that when I pulled my finger away she growled like a was taking her bone away. That dog scares the crap out of me.

gratus fermentatio said:
Do yourself a favour & GO TO THE DOCTOR. If it stinks & is turning black, you're running the very real risk of gangrene; you know, the $hit that rots parts off your body & eventually kills you without proper treatment. Better to spend the $50 bucks & a couple hrs at the docs than to avoid it & hope for the best while risking gangrene or something equally distressing.
Regards, GF.

See? Giant wuss here. Be a man and use your own judgement. Gangrene... please. Go to the doctor? Ain't nobody got time or that!

And going to the doctor costs money? Where do you live, some third world country?

Ok here is another example of DIY healthcare. I get ingrown fingernails. Don't ask. Before and after. Nothing to it but a little pain.

image-2602916858.jpg

image-2067807751.jpg

Do not go to ER.....Make an appointment with your PCP!

ER's are for emergencies. The reason the wait times are so long at ERs are because of the p*ssies who cut their fingers. :D

Nah... There is no real chance of me going to a doctor with how it looks right now. It looks like it healed quite a bit last night and it is even less stinky... which is nice.

I am keeping a close eye on it and if it looks worse in any way at any point, I'll go but... it's fine. I'm not genuinely concerned about it.

My retiree hospitalization plan doesn't cost me a thing. Regardless,I went to the Dr. Why? Because I cut off the ends of both index fingers right down to the bone on two separate occasions. Right down to the first knuckle. I went to the Dr & he sewed them back on with that yellow stuff all over them. Looked like idophor...hmmm...
Hurt like all to be damned for a couple weeks. Try workin a job with heavy motor oil as an assembly lube in a factory setting with that. All wrapped up with bandages & plastic,etc. Oil still leached into the wounds. Dang that smarts. Plenty of tequila & beer after work just to drive home & get stoned some more. Go to the Dr & make sure it's properly cared for since it smells bad. That def ain't good. Can lead to blood poisoning if it gets in your bloodstream.

Latest posts

Back