My finger is super stinky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered doing the same thing to the finger on the opposite hand? You know, to even it out, so it doesn't look so out of place being on just one hand ...

Have you considered doing the same thing to the finger on the opposite hand? You know, to even it out, so it doesn't look so out of place being on just one hand ...

Or starting them the same but ripping it off. That way you can see which way you would have been better off.

DrewBrew08 said:
Also, as Harry Caray would say, " Just say yes and we'll move on"

It's a simple question dr. If the moon was made of ribs would you eat it?

Once, when I was maybe 11 or 12 and at Scout Camp I was walking down a huge hill to the lake with my friends. Reach in my backpack to grab something and come up missing a large chunk of the pad of my right ring finger. Turns out my dad left a razor in the bag and I happened to catch it wrong. Long story shorter, we bandaged the wound, cut the finger off a rubber glove, and sealed the whole works with duct tape. I went swimming in the lake and finished off the week no problems. I vote clip the sucker off with nail clippers and wear that wound with pride. I have a full fingerprint again, though it took a half decade, and still have a white scar where it was cut off.

And porcupine, you're either a biologist, a doctor, or read Women's Health. My wife is a biologist and reads that magazine and was just the other day commenting on using leaches and maggots for gangrene. Kyle

In the oilfields we have a saying, "don't put your fingers anywhere you wouldn't put your pecker", words to live by. I've seen lots of guys, (including myself), with mashed fingers and all kinds of other unthinkable injuries because we just weren't paying attention!!

So any**** it's the opinion of this roughneck that since you can't work around heavy equipment you need to get rid of that apple press before you get seriously hurt. Don't worry...I'll cover the shipping cost to Arkansas......

Haha... It wasn't actually the press, or the grinder, that did the damage though. It was a simple kitchen knife. A fckin' shahp one but just a knife nonetheless. I can ship THAT to you.

And sorry all. Sorry to disappoint but it ain't getting lopped off. That flap of skin that was hangin off is freaking healing like a mo-fo. I can't believe how quickly it is healing actually. The finger print is still tired a bit but it is healing right back into the wound. Kinda freaky actually. No need to further slicing and dicing on it I don't think.

The nice thing is got another half dozen bushels to press this Saturday so I should be ready to go!

Wow, this just reinforces what I said, if you can't use a simple kitchen knife safely you stand no chance with the apple press!! I've got about 100 lbs of pears I could use that thing on so let's get it to UPS as quick as possible?

Hmmm... the press is way more than 100 pounds so how 'bout you ship the pears to me... I'll press 'em for you (cause I'm a nice guy) and I'll ship you back whatever, if any, juice I get out of them?

That sounds like a way better plan.

And yeah.... I apparently spoke to soon on the whole "no more lopping off of skin"... I just went to change the bandaid and a portion of that "flap" that I put back on, came off again so... office scissors to the rescue! it's healing crazy fast though. I think I might be some sort of super hero or something... like Wolverine. Ooooo... a Wolverine Spy. That's cool.

damn it!!!!

I thought I was like Wolverine and was going to be able to be a spy. But no... you pudknockers were right and that chunk of skin ain't making it. Out came the scissors!!! Apparently it wasn't as attached as I thought.

the edges healed up quit a bit but there is a still a decent "core" there that use to have a lot more skin on it.

On the bright side... it doesn't smell bad since I lopped off that skin! Yaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!! I still think my bandaid made of human skin was the way to go though. I am convinced it stopped it from gushin' blood the whole time.

Tomorrow = Roasting a pig, drinking beer and pressing more apples.

yuck.JPG

That sounds sorta like when I started at my current job. I asked "where's the documentation for this install??" All I got was laughs.

I did something like that with my finger a couple times. Once with a router bit and the other time with a drill bit.

That sounds sorta like when I started at my current job. I asked "where's the documentation for this install??" All I got was laughs.

Yeah, I've never really been one for plans. I googled presses on the interwebs looking for ideas and concepts... And to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything, and then I just started cutting wood and bolting it together. What you see is what I ended up with.

Oh wow you made that press? That's really nice. I thought it was a commercial press or maybe from a kit.

Thank you very much.

No, not commercial or a kit. Really wasn't that hard. It was TOO expensive either. I ended up needing a bit more red oak than I had anticipated and that sht ain't cheap but all in all it was still way cheaper than buying one would have been. Anything that touches the cider is red oak with the exception of the "rails" on the collection pan. Those are maple just cause I had some laying around.

Split it up into several five gallon batches. Add different things to each batch, ferment, bottle, age and drink.

Although... I save a gallon or so of fresh for my sons who love it fresh right off the press

Nice press.

Sorry to hear about your hangnail. That one looks almost as bad as the one my neighbor's newborn baby had. The child forgot about it after a few minutes though...:p

Time to get rid of a knife, that one has tasted blood and will be back for more.

Still has a big hole in it and its itchy as all fcker.

Less stinky though. There was dramatic stinkage earlier and it it now much less severe. My guess is that it is related to a series of showers.

What??? This guy owns his own apple press. He doesn't have to try and "please" a woman. He's probably pulling more chicks then he knows what to do with....

So I was screwing down some satellite dish cabling last night and the drill slipped and took a big gouge out of my index finger. Thanks to this thread I knew I could just press it back in place and it would heal itself back onto the finger.

I wanted to twist it a bit to get that "Print Rotation" that is so popular these days, but there was a bit of meat that came up with it and it wouldn't fit back in place at an angle, so I will have to continue on with it the way it has always been.

Word to the wise: If you are screwing with a power drill and it keeps slipping off the screw head, don't just try pressing harder and harder in an attempt to get the screw to bite. Maybe get some thick gloves and pilot the screw with a small bit.

I'm so excited. In a few days my finger will smell like cheese. And I like cheese.

SEE!?!?!?!

I am like a fountain of public service announcements!!!

And you were mocking me earlier!! See?? The cows have come home to roost Homercidal!!

Back