My Electric HERMS Build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernster

Don't Panic!
Reaction score
Kettles are from Spike Brewing. Control panel is the 30 amp kit from Electric Brewing Supply and the hard was purchased from Brew Hardware. All three have great customer service.
IMG_1449.JPG

Good job!
I love the Spike slogan "Your liver will fail before our equipment does"!

I wonder if you will spill stuff on your bins every time you brew. (under the table)

Nice set up! I’m pretty much doing waht you but using kegs instead of kettles. Thinking about purchasing the control panel from Ebrew Supply. What are you thoughts on the control panel?

Would you mind sharing what t your cost was to build your setup?

I’m considering either buying a turnkey or building my own. If the cost diff isn’t that huge I’m leaning towards the turnkey.

Nice set up! I’m pretty much doing waht you but using kegs instead of kettles. Thinking about purchasing the control panel from Ebrew Supply. What are you thoughts on the control panel?
I like the control panel and it’s an easy build, if you understand schematics and circuits. However the kit can be done by a beginner. I had bad relay but Ryan had me new one in just a few days. Great customer service. Short Circuited Brewing has video series on the 30 A panel kit.

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing what t your cost was to build your setup?

I’m considering either buying a turnkey or building my own. If the cost diff isn’t that huge I’m leaning towards the turnkey.
Custom kettles, control panel kit, pumps and fittings came to about $3300 compared to $5000 for a turnkey system.

Back