My Beer Was A Hit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver165

Reaction score
I just got into homebrewing a little while ago (on my third batch now). My first batch was a brown ale that fermented for 2 weeks and conditioned in the bottle for almost 4 weeks. The SWMBO thought it would be cool to have a bunch of our friends over and have a beer tasting. Well no pressure there....my first beer, my closest friends...GREAT! I admit I was getting pretty damned nervous. I mean what if I brewed up 2 cases of horse piss!!!!! Worse...what if it tasted like Bud Light! Well I knew it wasn't gonna taste like Bud Light I had tasted one and I thought it was good. But I was prejudiced...a father thinks his son can play sports better than anyone elses kid too. But anyway, just incase my beer was a disaster and turned out nasty, I had backups. Much to my surprise the loved it!!! We drank it all and most of the backups too! The beer carbed up perfectly. They even had that fog that rolls off the bottle just after its uncapped. I was so damned proud. I was moved to damn near tears! I felt like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. One my friends was very interested in how to get into homebrewing. I gave him John Palmers book "How To Brew" and told to read it then call MidWest Supplies when he's ready.

If I never brew another good beer again I know I brewed a damn tasty one that time! I just wanted to thank everyone for the information and help that I received here.

Good food, good beer and good friends, that's what it's all about. It was a great night!

Suprising how fast beer goes when it's free, isn't it?

Good job on the first beer though! When the first one turns out good...you're pretty much addicted to the hobby at that point.

Congrats on your success with the first one.

Next time save a few of them to start building your "pipeline". It sucks to be out of beer while you're waiting for beer to be ready.

Congrats on your success with the first one.

Next time save a few of them to start building your "pipeline". It sucks to be out of beer while you're waiting for beer to be ready.

OH the wheels are already turnin... SWMBO already booked us for a fall get together. I've got Cider that will be put into secondary and two more batches of brew nearly ready to come out.

I feel the need to get into kegging.... SWMBO keeps booking partys. I have to be able to serve the masses. ;) :D

Awesome! Welcome to the hoppy, sounds like you're a brewer now!

Also, if it's a style that ages at all well consider saving a six pack and trying one in a month, 3 months, 6 months, a year, 18 months, and 2 years--it's especially cool when you brew a new batch of the same recipe to be able to compare it with the batch from 6 months ago and the one you brewed a year ago.

That's awesome! It's always so gratifying when you enjoy your own homebrew, but when you get positive feedback from others that makes it even better.

Congrats!

I was happy the first time I got ammered on homebrew. Or maybe I was just happy because I was hammered. Either way, congrats on the good brew. I wish you many more good batches!

Back