My American pale ale turned out pretty good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T29

Wicked Hops Brewing
Reaction score
Made this 4 weeks ago and first time I tried it and woo she is good!! My wife loves it. You can taste a nice mix of hops and grain yum! Pretty excited for friends to try the rest tomorrow night

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388449488.487005.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1388449506.817578.jpg

Nice. Care to share the recipe?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Home Brew mobile app

sure. The recipe is for a 3.5 gallon batch.

4 lb of light DME
8oz crystal 40L steeped at 150f - 155f for 30min
1oz Glacier hops @ 30 min left in boil
1oz Cascade hops @ 5 min let in boil

Safale US 05 no starter, direct pitch at 72f
Batch stored at 68f to 70f for 12 days then bottled with 3.1oz dextrose in 2 cups hot water for 1 week.

Came out awesome.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid...and you hit it on the head! I like that there's no 60min. hop addition. For a pale ale, that's relatively unheard of. Excellent.

It's an awesome beer. It has a nice balance of malt and hops. I will be making this again for sure

sure. The recipe is for a 3.5 gallon batch.

4 lb of light DME
8oz crystal 40L steeped at 150f - 155f for 30min
1oz Glacier hops @ 30 min left in boil
1oz Cascade hops @ 5 min let in boil

Safale US 05 no starter, direct pitch at 72f
Batch stored at 68f to 70f for 12 days then bottled with 3.1oz dextrose in 2 cups hot water for 1 week.

Came out awesome.

What where AA% of the hops? Sounds good, but maybe too sweet for me.

Had to have another with the wifey. Sorry stupid iPad turned the picture sideways lol

image.jpg

Cascade 6.4% AA Glacier 5.6% AA

It's not really sweet. You get the nice caramel tones and the hops follow. easy beer to drink.

Back