My $75 Craigslist Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topher79

Reaction score
I picked up this "inoperable" Kegerator on Craigslist for $100 and got the seller down to $75. It came with a sanke coupler, the lines were moldy, and it smelled of moldy beer. After another $35 at the homebrew shop for new lines, connectors, and a crimping tool I was ready to go. We weighed the Co2 tank at the shop and found out it was full, too!

I got it home, gave her a good cleaning, and found the bi-metal relay disc had come loose. I fixed that, plugged her in, and she's been chilling since Saturday. I kegged my first beer Sunday, and I can't wait to try my first hombrew on tap!

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

It's a Haier HBF05EBSS. I had a "donor" mini fridge I have not used in a couple of years to put the components into if I couldn't fix the fridge, and I figured the tap components were worth at least twice what I paid. It was a winner for me either way!

Back