Music Production

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookyBrewsky

Reaction score
Anyone else into music production? I got a bit too obsessed with hardware synthesizers recently and sold everything, I'm going to buy more sometime soon but start slower and smarter.

I just finished this track; keep in mind nothing I make is mixed/mastered properly. It's something I struggle with and did not learn how to do yet...

Post your own music if you make any!

I like it. I think you did a good job. What equipment are you using? I am using a Roland TR8s drum machine, Korg minilogue, Arturia minibrute 2, and occasionaly I play guitar on some tracks with my Jackson soloist. I record and mix my music on a tascam dp24 recorder. Woooo for DAWless!!

I don't do anything now, but a few years back I used to when I was in an electronic/hip hop band lol. I used Fruity Loops (FL Studio) & a microKORG synth to do mostly everything. We played a lot of live gigs after high school and eventually got put on an east coast tour but called it quits shortly after that when I had to start a "career" and gave up a lot of it. Fast forward a few years, I miss it a lot.

I don't do anything now, but a few years back I used to when I was in an electronic/hip hop band lol. I used Fruity Loops (FL Studio) & a microKORG synth to do mostly everything. We played a lot of live gigs after high school and eventually got put on an east coast tour but called it quits shortly after that when I had to start a "career" and gave up a lot of it. Fast forward a few years, I miss it a lot.
Well that’s more than I have ever done. We were able to get our music up on YouTube, Spotify, and all the other streaming sites. We probably won’t ever play live though. Congrats on your previous success and hopefully you can get back in to it. I have used fruity loops and acid. I like music programs but there is just something that I get from playing the instruments that I don’t get from a computer. It’s a rush.

I know I have already put this up in other threads but here it is again. Hey I’m proud of this one! :rock:

Another one I made yesterday, I think my best yet but it’s hard to judge.

As for equipment, I just sold all my gear besides the guitars I’ve had forever, bongos and my recording gear (interface, speakers, mic, PC, etc.). I never knew of the synthesizer world, there’s so much gear, I needed to calm down after buying too many individual synths and treat it like classical instruments so I ordered a Moog One. That synth will cover 85%+ of any sound I could ever need to make.

I was trying to go DAWless at one point, Digitakt, Synthstrom Deluge, but it didn’t work so well for me. Next up to try is the Polyend Tracker which I think I’ll love. I’ve always wanted a tracker.

The problem is that I listened to rock and jazz the most when I was young. I need drums to be organic and the only way to do that is a PC VST unless I’m just sampling which I prefer not to for drums usually.

Ah, oh well. Always trying to get better I suppose.

Last edited:
Another one I made yesterday, I think my best yet but it’s hard to judge.

As for equipment, I just sold all my gear besides the guitars I’ve had forever, bongos and my recording gear (interface, speakers, mic, PC, etc.). I never knew of the synthesizer world, there’s so much gear, I needed to calm down after buying too many individual synths and treat it like classical instruments so I ordered a Moog One. That synth will cover 85%+ of any sound I could ever need to make.

I was trying to go DAWless at one point, Digitakt, Synthstrom Deluge, but it didn’t work so well for me. Next up to try is the Polyend Tracker which I think I’ll love. I’ve always wanted a tracker.

The problem is that I listened to rock and jazz the most when I was young. I need drums to be organic and the only way to do that is a PC VST unless I’m just sampling which I prefer not to for drums usually.

Ah, oh well. Always trying to get better I suppose.

It’s funky. I like it. That polyend tracker looks cool. I will have to check it out. I was looking in to the electribe sampler but I feel like my TR8s can do the same stuff. If you want a drum machine that is more organic check out the Korg kr 55. It’s loaded with samples of real drums. Moogs are great! I will get one some day but they are a bit out of my price range. I guess after I go out and buy a few lower end synths I could have just bought a moog but I am in a synth rabbit hole right now and I just want them all.

I too love nukes, I foresee a lovely nuclear war in the near future, perhaps a few months. I just released my first full album, not as intense as a nuke, but I like it nonetheless.

I too love nukes, I foresee a lovely nuclear war in the near future, perhaps a few months. I just released my first full album, not as intense as a nuke, but I like it nonetheless.

I like what I heard. I subscribed so I can finish it later. Keep it up!

I like what I heard. I subscribed so I can finish it later. Keep it up!

Thanks I'll listen later. I haven't checked here in a while because (knock on wood) my homebrew journey has stagnated at "consistently pretty good" and I'm not looking to dive further into any subjects right now. Hopped on and say the notification from this thread lol.

I said I'll listen later but I just listened due to having to phone eBay. Modular synth? Eurorack?

Thanks I'll listen later. I haven't checked here in a while because (knock on wood) my homebrew journey has stagnated at "consistently pretty good" and I'm not looking to dive further into any subjects right now. Hopped on and say the notification from this thread lol.

I said I'll listen later but I just listened due to having to phone eBay. Modular synth? Eurorack?
Modular. I used the Arturia MiniBrute 2. I haven’t brewed beer in like 2 years but I still like this site.

Keeping it up with the dark and foreboding! I have moved on to hopeless yet compassionate lately, not really into posting internet tracks right now. If I can ever play live, that’s where they’ll be heard.

Back