Munich SmasH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMPLER

Reaction score
Looking to bee a Munich style SmasH and was wondering if anyone has tried it and what your results were like. Anyone have a recipe to try out a good schedule that may work?

Cheers

BobbyM has a SMaSH barleywine that I considered brewing with all Vienna. There's no reason that it wouldn't work with all Munich, and if you start it now, it might be good for winter.

Coastarine has one here, that he said turned out great. AnOldUR made a Munich dunkel SMaSH. Skyebrewing made one with Chinook. Rugenbrau made one, too, here.

I made one with Northern Brewer. I lost the recipe, hard drive failure. It was 1.048, about 30 IBU with roughly 3 oz split between flameout and 15 min additions. It was 10g. Super tasty, delicate hop flavors supported by deep, smooth malt notes. A great beer. I used best malz Munich and I do think the origin of the malt will make a pretty big difference.

Thank you much appreciated info. I'm definitely looking for a nice winter brew so starting now will be a must.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back