MR.Beer IS my First!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuffManMississippi

Reaction score
So i just 2 gallons of Witty Monk in my mr. beer im hopping it turn out nice i followed the instructions i stayed very sanitary and now i am swamp bucketing it to keep my brew between 68% and 75% kinda hard to do so. wish me luck and if anyone has any suggestions for my next mr brew kit plz plz plz let me know ok.

b.t.w i will be doing a 5 gallon extract of some sort after the fact so any recommendations there will as well be appreciated .
:fro:

welcome to brewing, I know a lot of us started with Mr. Beer. Who knows what kind of yeast they gave you, was it in a satchel on top of the extract can by chance?

So i just 2 gallons of Witty Monk in my mr. beer im hopping it turn out nice i followed the instructions i stayed very sanitary and now i am swamp bucketing it to keep my brew between 68% and 75% kinda hard to do so. wish me luck and if anyone has any suggestions for my next mr brew kit plz plz plz let me know ok.

b.t.w i will be doing a 5 gallon extract of some sort after the fact so any recommendations there will as well be appreciated .
:fro:

For your extract batch I recommend a hefeweizen. Northern Brewer's was my first. Wheat beer ferment vigorously and cover some flaws. Do not expect to put five gallons into even a 5 1/2 gallon carboy. A six gallon better bottle would be the min. and be sure to rig up a blow off tube. Also, keep your temps low to start in your swamp cooler or you will end up with run away fermentation and you will never be able to keep it cool. That is what happened to me in the Fall of '08.

For your extract batch I recommend a hefeweizen. Northern Brewer's was my first. Wheat beer ferment vigorously and cover some flaws. Do not expect to put five gallons into even a 5 1/2 gallon carboy. A six gallon better bottle would be the min. and be sure to rig up a blow off tube. Also, keep your temps low to start in your swamp cooler or you will end up with run away fermentation and you will never be able to keep it cool. That is what happened to me in the Fall of '08.

as well i started off pretty cool just regular tap water, then ive been going and adding ice to it i also have a thermometer in the water it will help me keep a close eye on temp

Back