Mr. Beer Frankensteine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayblefty

Reaction score
Buddy of mine just gave me an old Mr. Beer kit that he's had stashes since 06. Three small cans of pre hopped lme that will do 20 12oz bottles per can and three one pound bags of Dextrose. The Dextrose is a solid mass but kinda breaks up when you mang it on a table. So I have two questions.

1. Does dextrose go bad? If I get it broken up and put it in a zip lock can I use it for priming and such or should I toss it?
2. What should I do with the cans of LME? Mix them and make a Frankenstein brew, brew each one separate in small batches?

Ether way I'm only gonna be out the cost of yeast. I have no experience with Mr. Beer kits. Any suggestions are appreciated!

image-453289862.jpg

Those are my three flavors.

I have and use a Mr Beer. With extract that old, I would probably ditch that and buy some DME, hops, and yeast from your LHBS. If you just want to mess around, I say throw them all together and see what happens, but I don't think the Weizen would be great mixed with the other two. As far as the booster is concerned, I would just use table or corn sugar for priming instead of that but you can toss into the boil for cheap extra alcohol.

Back