Moving!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghopper73

Reaction score
Hello. I am not very active here on the forums but I try to read a lot of the things people post. But today I have a question. I have four one gallon batches that are just sitting there aging. I haven't seen any active fermentation. What do I have to do to protect my brew if I am moving? I will be moving500 miles at night. Will my brews be ok. I was just going to put some stoppers on them so they don't spill during the drive. Will this be all I need to do? Thanks in advance!

Unless you're going off road, there's no reason why you can't just packe them in a box with a towel or blanket between the jugs to stop them clinking and possibly breaking. Just fill the airlocks with vodka and bingo.....good to go.....

Do I have to worry to much about tempeture change. They are sitting at like 68-70 degrees and while traveling they will be subjected to 80temps

they should be fine; the last time I moved I took an actively fermenting RIP stout along for the ride; granted it was only 120 miles, but it was a rough 120 miles thanks to the boroughs of NY not paving regularly.

Vodka in the airlock and you should be fine.

Back