Motorizing new mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOPtuary

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So i got a brand new Dayton 1YBV8 1/2HP motor which is unwired for power and my electrical skills are lacking when it comes to motors. Below is the wiring diagram from on the motor and from the company. At this time I am just looking to run power to the motor but would like to add a 3 way drum switch at some point. If someone can help me straighten out all the colors and what needs to be spliced and cut together. Thanks in andvance! :mug:

20171102_203206[1].jpg

20171102_203133[1].jpg

e8be85b7ce8de1983a7c2613585c5d78.jpg

Wanger is a friend of mine in real life and I'm telling him he is totally screwed and I'm bumping his thread. I'm thinking one is hot and 6 is round, but IDK for sure

Black, white ad yellow are on terminal 6 so it would seem that this is wired for 120v application, maybe? anyone? anyone?

If a solution is found this thread should NOT be deleted so others can read about it.

In this case, unlike wiring an outlet in your house, black and white are interchangeable and can go to either "Line" terminal. Green MUST go to the green ground screw.

Back