Motorized Mill Wiring Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daphatgrant

Reaction score
Hey HBT, I'm in the process of finishing up my mill. I'll let the pics do the talking but I'm trying to figure out how to wire the switch the the motor. Any help that you guys could give would be awesome!

http://imgur.com/a/CqFdY

well.. i was going to start this exact post with what looks like a very similar motor. So i will just tag along here! lol

its a 2 speed motor correct? are you trying to use 2 speeds? If not, its easy. I can help you with that. I am trying to use both the high and low speed with mine and thats whats really killing me right now. I have a 3 position DPDT switch but just really stuck on where everything will go..

EDIT:
ok. I didn't see the rest of the pics u posted. Looks like u want a reverse. We are pretty much trying to do the same thing kinda instead of high low, you will have fwd rev but wiring should be the same). You have 4 leads coming out of your motor and need to wire them to a switch and power... Hopefully someone can chime in here with some good advice

I am trying to upload some pics but HBT seems to be having some issues today...

Disclaimer I am not an electrician and have never hooked up a switch like this. How I would connect this switch is on one side connect the hot wire to one of the outside nuts and the neutral to the other outside nut. Connect a wire from one center nut to L1 and on the other side connect a wire from that center nut to L2.

Ok, This is the DPDT switch i have. I have the same 4 motor wires coming out of my motor as in the OP (neutral, ground, l1, l2). How do i use the power cable (3 wire normal stuff) and this switch??

HBT has been jacked up with picture uploads for me lately so here is a link with the pic of the switch i am trying to use. If its the wrong switch i can get whatever i need.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5QuXgs6-tvOV1ZLTmRGUFFLWmc&usp=sharing

Thanks!!

Back