Mother****ing 4elf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody wanna recap what happened here?!
Can't but here is a reenactment of 2 beer geeks going at it.
geek_fight.jpg

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahah.

fights.
Rumor mill says the one dude could throw down. Evidence supporting would be the other guy's exploded face.

So line this year got x50 worse, but actually buying the beer got x50 better?

The line was similar to last year except it was colder and you had to lineup at midnight....but buying beer was a breeze:oops:

Anybody wanna recap what happened here?!

Wasn't/not there, but I would like a first hand account as well.

Rumor mill says the one dude could throw down. Evidence supporting would be the other guy's exploded face.

Fall-down drunk and he can throw hands? Ultimate bar-fight champ of central MI??

Multiple reports say dude had fast hands....no drunk saw it coming

I imagine it looked like the time my drunk-assed friend (blackout) tried to fight a local MMA feller. Hardest connected headshot I've ever seen. Kid ate it somehow (while stumbling backward toward us) and managed to turn and slur "Eyeh gawt ehm".

By that time the other dude had hit a duck under and was choking thee everloving shot out of him.

Poor kid...hilarious to this day though.

We made it. After dropping of our order form (#55) we napped in the car at a Burger King parking lot.

Woke up to a dead battery and a wicked hangover. Some local jumped us and now we're waiting in the parking lot for our bottles. Gonna be a great drive back to Detroit in the blizzard.

Always nice hanging with Wade5614 Spartan213 mtrog313

A3HpmA6.jpg
Just to clarify for our friends in warmer regions, getting jumped is good in this instance.

Any recommendations for stuff flying under the radar deserving a ticket? I seem to be guessing wrong...a lot.

Aside from Plead which is always worth a ticket... I liked the 666 and the KBE II was tasty too. The anniversary beer isn't all that bad and where the wild was drinkable for sure.

lurchingbeast it was nice meeting you.

I did not go to the party and the snow was getting bad and I had a ticket number in the 230's. So, I kept checking (3 different times) if they would let me pick my beer up maybe a little early so I could hit the road. They said no, all 3 times and kept telling me that my scheduled time for pickup was 4:15. Fine, it is their rules and it is not a problem for me but I thought, no harm in asking.

So, I get in line at 4 (15 minutes before my scheduled pick up) and they are calling out numbers that are 60 past mine. WTF.....good stuff! Nothing surprises me at these damn things.

Last edited:
4 Elf Random Notes:

1. A few idiots will ruin every event for the majority.

2. The actual party was pretty low-key, probably because all the people who were blasted in line couldn't get up for it.

3. IMO, the taplist was pretty solid. I enjoyed drinking 2012&2013 BAPlead (of course), but the highlight for me was drinking a fantastic batch of Monster29 (perfect carb!). The Wild Masc rasp sour was delicious as well, & I really liked their Crunchy's ale. I did have a lot of the experimental beers and didn't enjoy them much, but I was satisfied with the beers I had.

4. The food that was going around was fantastic - had alligator, Brisket, salmon, Antelope, Jalapeno poppers, & more.

5. I hung out with my friends & had a good time, that's what it's about. People are doing these releases all wrong.

Long Polymer John was fine. BBA Long Polymer John was full of acetylaldehyde and ethyl acetate, King of the Forest style.
Yea, I was specifically talking about the bottled beers since they usually decide to bottle and release the awful misses.

Surprise of the day on tap for me was RazPA. Never knew a fruited IPA could work.

Does anyone know anything about the different wax colors on the Plead bottles this year? Did they just run out of silver or does the bronze mean anything?

Also... my top fuel bottles don't have labels... so FT: rare Home Brew with Dark Horse bottle caps

Yea, I was specifically talking about the bottled beers since they usually decide to bottle and release the awful misses.

Surprise of the day on tap for me was RazPA. Never knew a fruited IPA could work.

Cedar Peach Jai Alai. BA fruited IPA. Top 3 at FoBAB2012.

Bitter cold, busted nose's, line converging lunacy, jerked around at bottle purchase line, white knuckle drive home and being "big timed" by lurchingbeast (JKLYMI).

Strangely enough, it all seemed worth it last night when I finally made it home!
photo.jpg

Soooooooo gosh darn tasty!
ISO:BA Plead the 5th
FT:Nose surgery, amputation of frostbitten appendages

I was standing near the scene of the fight. It was a fairly young guy screaming about line cutting (which didn't happen...the people he accused of cutting had been there all night). There was some shoving and someone got knocked over and then it seemed to calm down. Then a moment later the guy started screaming in their faces again. Someone had enough and hit him with a good right and he went down...may have been knocked the **** out. The dude never saw it coming. It's not like they were squared off for a fight. He was yelling and then he was out.

I was standing near the scene of the fight. It was a fairly young guy screaming about line cutting (which didn't happen...the people he accused of cutting had been there all night). There was some shoving and someone got knocked over and then it seemed to calm down. Then a moment later the guy started screaming in their faces again. Someone had enough and hit him with a good right and he went down...may have been knocked the **** out. The dude never saw it coming. It's not like they were squared off for a fight. He was yelling and then he was out.

About what I figured. Had to be a cold cock...what percentage of beer dorks would ever square up? .02?

*inb4worldstar

A buddy of mine was right there as well. I didn't get the whole story from him yet, but he made it clear that it wasn't Manny Pacquiao quickness, but instead more of a cheap shot scenario. He didn't mention if the guy deserved it or not.

Back