Mother****ing 4elf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year they grilled up some food and I think they said they're doing the same again this year.

Thank you.

See earlier in this thread for beers available.

Saw that, meant if anything else pops up.

Bottle sharing in line will happen, not sure on hotel bottle shares.

I figured as much. Was more interested of part 2, there was talk of a Friday night bottle share, wasn't sure if anything was being organized now that we are closer.

Do we expect any advance notice of the complete taplist? Or will that be a day-of surprise?

Do we expect any advance notice of the complete taplist? Or will that be a day-of surprise?
Hard to say. They also have to finalize the bottle list, since a couple of things are still TBA.

Just posted on the fbook:

Bottle list
  1. BBA Plead the 5th RIS
    BBA in Brandy 4 Elf Winter Warmer Ale
    BBA Sarsaparilla 666 Stout
    BBA 3 Pairs of Legs Maple Porter
    Double BBA 6 Pairs of Legs Maple Porter
    Where the Wild Things Macerate in Raspberries Sour Ale
    13th Anniversary Beer
    BBA Long Polymer John Donut Ale

have limits and prices been posted anywhere yet? i haven't seen them.

Specialty Bottle Release, Amounts, Limits and Pricing:

BBA Plead the 5th RIS: 642 cases/15,408 bottles/46.6 BBL/184,896 oz.
$130.00 per case/$22.00 per 4 pack – 2 case limit

Brandy BA 4 Elf Winter Warmer: 204 cases/4,896 bottles/14.81 BBL/58,752 oz.
$85.00 per case/$15.00 per 4 pack – 1 case limit

Top Fuel Barley Wine: 56 cases/1,344 bottles/4.07 BBL/16,128 oz. (collaboration beer with Bierwerker of Chicago)
$20.00 per 4 pack – 1: 4 pack limit

BBA Sarsaparilla 666 Stout: 66 cases/1,584 bottles/4.79 BBL/19,008 oz. (collaboration beer with Chef Cleetus Friedman of Chicago)
$22.00 per 4 pack – 1:4 pack limit

BBA 3 Pairs of Legs Maple Porter: 54 cases/1,296 bottles/3.92 BBL/15,552 oz.
$15.00 per 4 pack – 1: 4 pack limit

Double BBA 6 Pairs of Legs Maple Porter: 21 cases/504 bottles/1.53 BBL/6,048 oz. (Aged in a Bourbon BBL then aged again in a Bourbon BBL we used to age our maple syrup in)
$8.00 per 12 oz. bottle – 2: 12 oz. bottle limit

13th Anniversary Beer in 375 ML Bottles: TBA

Where the Wild Things Macerate in Raspberries Sour Ale in 375 ML Bottles: TBA

BBA Long Polymer John Donut Beer in 375 ML: TBA

If anyone wants to trade the BBpt5 and Brandy Winter Warmer please let me know. 2 4pks of bbpt5 and any of the brandy barrel winter warmer would be awesome.

I could send some event horizon and other nc or cellar goodies.

Last edited:
If any of you Chicago peeps have any extra BCBS Coffee/Backyard/Proprietors to trade and want to do it IP, feel free to message me. I've got a pretty extensive cellar.

One week left.

braveheart-victory-o.gif

BBA Plead the 5th RIS: 642 cases/15,408 bottles/46.6 BBL/184,896 oz.
$130.00 per case/$22.00 per 4 pack – 2 case limit

Anyone want some Grey Monday, Great, etc.....get at me.

Summary of 4 Elf posts on BA:

Hey, I'm going
Me too
I have to work
Is this ticketed?
What time do I have to get there?
I'm going
Wonder what time I should get there
FIBs suck
I have a wedding to go to
Is this ticketed?
How early do people line up?
Can we bottle share?
I can't go but would love some BBPt5
I'm going
I'm not
What time should I get there?
honestly get there at 2. Last year people that got there at 10am had to wait in line 12 hours only to be shut out of beer. It's really unorganized so if you want to have a good time get there early.

honestly get there at 2. Last year people that got there at 10am had to wait in line 12 hours only to be shut out of beer. It's really unorganized so if you want to have a good time get there early.

Balls. I was hoping to arrive at 8. Guess not.

If anyone is willing to help me or with a case of bapt5, I've got cantillon for days... Hit me up. Mule for mule or beer for beer
Cheers, josh

Welp, I got my space heater primed and my fleece onesie cleaned and pressed. A 24-Pack of handwarmers and some tiger balm to slather on my business for that sack-tightening tingle. Can't wait to pee in front you weirdos this weekend.

RgZYOYw.gif
I'm loaded up on handwarmers too. I plan to tape them all around me suicide bomber fashion.

I'd forgotten all about the awkward pee situation though. Bad experience there....got arrested at a Buckeye's game a few years back for attempted peeing. I never even got to pee (had only unzipped) and they interrupted me. Full disclosure: it would have been a simple citation if I hadn't gone all tough guy and poked the officer in the chest and called him a liar when he said he saw me holding my dick. Tough guy act turned to girly pleas for mercy as soon as he put the cuffs on me. Off to jail I went.

so....the draft list is up and the last few bottle limits are released on the events page.
http://www.darkhorsebrewery.com/events/

Then I noticed on their FB page where people were asking what the 13 anny beer is....looks like DH said its Dark XIII (which also shows up on the tap list). I don't see Thirteenth Anniversary specifically called out on the tap list and they said everything but Double BBA Six Pairs would be available. Hopefully Dark XIII is the code word for bramble blackberry PT5. Anyone heard of that before?

11330299625_2de3459cd2.jpg

so....the draft list is up and the last few bottle limits are released on the events page.
http://www.darkhorsebrewery.com/events/

Then I noticed on their FB page where people were asking what the 13 anny beer is....looks like DH said its Dark XIII (which also shows up on the tap list). I don't see Thirteenth Anniversary specifically called out on the tap list and they said everything but Double BBA Six Pairs would be available. Hopefully Dark XIII is the code word for bramble blackberry PT5. Anyone heard of that before?

It's bottle limit is listed as "no limit". Wouldn't you think a berry BAPT5 would have some super low limit?

Summary of 4 Elf posts on BA:

Hey, I'm going
Me too
I have to work
Is this ticketed?
What time do I have to get there?
I'm going
Wonder what time I should get there
FIBs suck
I have a wedding to go to
Is this ticketed?
How early do people line up?
Can we bottle share?
I can't go but would love some BBPt5
I'm going
I'm not
What time should I get there?

Adding "If it's cold will my beer freeze?" to this list.

13th Anniversary Beer in 375 ML Bottles: TBA (Dark Horse 13th Anniversary Ale, brewed with 13 malts and 13 adjuncts clocking in at 13% ABV. Sweet aromas of malted milk, maple, and pancakes lead to a chocolaty and fruity body that finishes pleasant and dry. There is so much going on in this beer we dare you to guess the ingredients. Hoppy Anniversary DH!)

$7.00 per 375 ML Bottles - No Limit

Where the Wild Things Macerate in Raspberries Sour Ale in 375 ML Bottles: TBA (5 % ABV Lambic Style beer aged in French Oak wine barrels with raspberries added. Pleasant fruit aromas lead way for a tart and quite refreshing finish that leaves one wanting more of the Wild Things.)

$7.00 per 375 ML Bottles - 1: 375 ML bottle limit

BBA Long Polymer John Donut Beer in 375 ML: TBA (8% ABV Brown Porter brewed using 500 Louie's(bakery in downtown Marshall) Long John Doughnuts. Malty and sweet like the frosting of the doughnuts with notes of vanilla and oak from aging in 4 Roses Bourbon Barrels.)

$7.00 per 375 ML Bottles - 1: 375 ML bottle limit

Latest posts

Back