morebeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mawa

Reaction score
Hello brewers!

I'm ready to purchase the ingredients necessary for my next 5 batches. I did a comparison of prices between some of the online vendors and the cheapest was morebeer.com (and I understand they have free shipping over $xx amount). I've never purchased from them before. What are you opinios about this vendor?

Also, my recipes include specialty grains, do you know if morebeer.com sends these greains ready to steep (milled), or will I have to crack'em?

TIA,
Mawa

I think more beer is great! I have made numerous purchases from them. The packages are delivered on time, they have good deals and not to mention free shipping with orders over $59 (I believe). You can choose to get your grains crushed.

yeah, morebeer's great as long as you don't catch them drunk on the job :drunk: I visit the storefront sometimes and they like to have some fun :tank:

but they've screwed up only one of my MANY orders and were happy to fix it, so no worries. especially if you're just buying a kit, they already have them pre-made :D

mawa said:
What are you opinios about this vendor?

Also, my recipes include specialty grains, do you know if morebeer.com sends these greains ready to steep (milled), or will I have to crack'em?
I've ordered from them several times. The orders have been filled 100% accurately, and the ingredients are always very fresh. Specialty grains included with kits are pre-milled. Prices are great, and the free shipping on most items is a big plus.

I do wish they would offer partial-mash versions of all their kits, the way Austin Homebrew does.

My only major complaint is that they put extra-gummy price tags on everything, which are very hard to remove. This is a big drag, especially when it's in a place that will be exposed to beer. I recently ordered a fermenting bucket, and the damn sticker was on the inside of the lid. It was a pain to remove, especially since it's a surface that shouldn't have scratches or residue that could harbor bacteria.

Sorry, can't comment on them. I've never ordered beer ingredients off of the internet. I have a great brewery about 30 minutes up the road that is also HBS. I buy my grains fresh a day or two before brew day. I've heard nothing but good things though.

I love them since I can get to one of the stores easily and browse. Good ingredients, helpful, etc. My only concern is that some of the recipe kits are abit conservative. I tend to "bold up" the recipes abit. :drunk: Otherwise, great.:mug:

Bruscar said:
I love them since I can get to one of the stores easily and browse. Good ingredients, helpful, etc. My only concern is that some of the recipe kits are abit conservative. I tend to "bold up" the recipes abit. :drunk: Otherwise, great.:mug:

Agreed, Great service though. :)

the only online store for brewery stuff I have used and ALWAYS ontime and complete I love there service I have called them on brewday and they have GREAT advice.. use them and you wont be diappointed. I havent been
JJ

I've made one order through them and had no problems with it, but it took quite some time for them to ship it, so I missed my target brew day :(. I found midwestsupplies.com to have competitive prices, and the extra $10 it would have cost me from there on a $200 order would have been worth the 2 day delivery time if I had ordered from Midwest (I made a small order from them, and it was delivered quite promptly).

Certainly no real complaints other than that. They really do have quite a large selection of ingredients and equipment, probably more than any other online LHBS I've seen.

I just made my first order from them, and they shipped out within a day. The only hangup, they are in CA and I am in NYC so the package will take a week to arrive. Certainly not their fault, but if you are on the East Coast, just be aware that you aren't gonna be able to get those supplies anytime soon.

Ha ha, that is the sweetest plum when that happens, especially when you are only on the hook for ground service. There is a shop about an hour from me that ships UPS, I placed a small order to see how that worked out, supposedly they ship out either the day of or day after the order.

I love MoreBeer. Its a bit of a drive for me to hit their Riverside store, but its worth the drive. The people there are awesome. Much better than any other LHBS near me.

Ive also placed a few orders online instead of making the trek out. Never had a problem. Ive spent about $2500 with them this year alone.

I ordered from them one time. They messed up the order two times, on the same order, did nothing to compensate at all and took over three weeks to finally me all my products to brew. Worst part, they forgot to send the Carboys which were the biggest part of my order!

I won't ever be ordering from them and instead shopped at northerbrewer and AHS and have had no problems and faster shipping!

DaveGerard said:
Ha ha, that is the sweetest plum when that happens, especially when you are only on the hook for ground service. There is a shop about an hour from me that ships UPS, I placed a small order to see how that worked out, supposedly they ship out either the day of or day after the order.

What shop is an hour from you?

I have had good luck with them. The shipping was quick ( to the KC area ). I didn't buy grains from them but used them and micromatic.com to put together a kegerator.

i live close to the riverside ca store and they are awesome. first and third saturday of every month are brew days and it seems every time i am in there they are giving me pints of what they have brewed. makes it a real pleasure to go there and talk beer drink beer and purchase ingriedients.

Well...I have ordered from them on several occasions without a problem, until the last order which was delayed by about a week due to a backorder. Their policy is to hold up the entire order ($155) even if one piece is out of stock. They didn't notify me of this minor delay until a week after I placed the order. The only piece that couldn't ship was the inline filter to the oxygen system I ordered. Yes, I was extremely pissed that my order took almost three weeks to get to me. It appears from looking on their website that they are having quite the time keeping items in stock, but this was the only time I have had a problem with them. I placed an order this week that has already shipped, which is a good thing, but I also placed an order with AHS to see if they are a better overall experience with items continuously in stock.

Cheers,
Shoopdog

Back