Morebeer.com thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trogdor447

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have ordered from midwest, and austin home brew. It is my birthday in a week and a half... and SWMBO has found morebeer on her own and sees that it is cheaper (for the most part) than austin home brew. Is the quality close to the same? She is going to surprise me with a kit (or two from more beer).

Happy birthday! I've had good experiences with morebeer. I've not ordered any other their kits though.

I've place a couple of orders with them. They arrived on time and with no issues. I'd not hesitate to order from them again.

If you're getting any batch kits, their ESB is quite good. Before I got into AG and e-BIAB, I brewed that extract kit, fermented it with S-04 (in the mid-60's) and kegged it. It was delicious.

I believe they just opened up an east coast shipping facility. The one and only time I used them, the items came super fast.

They have been amazing so far. I especially love their hops and the packing in which they put them in. They are the freshest IMO.

I would use Morebeer again. I would not use Austin Homebrew again. I just placed an order with ritebrew.com and it has already shipped within 12 hours. I also liked GrainToGlassHomebrew.com a LOT. I have placed several orders with them.

I've used them a number of times for supplies and kits, I've got a Pliny clone and Blind Pig clone from to brew. I've order about 4-6 kits and they have all been good. Kits arrived quickly and the cost was reasonable.

They are my go to online shop and I have ordered from them many times. I've had great customer service, quick shipping and I find their products to be good quality. They have a nice price point on a lot of their items as well.

I'm a morebeer fan!
But that's largely because I can get to the brick and mortar store and back to work on my lunch hour.

I would use Morebeer again. I would not use Austin Homebrew again. I just placed an order with ritebrew.com and it has already shipped within 12 hours. I also liked GrainToGlassHomebrew.com a LOT. I have placed several orders with them.

is there any specific reason? My only issue on an order from AHB, they ended up giving me bottle caps instead of alcohol boost, not a big deal in my book, and they gave me a coupon to compensate for that.

Just got two kits and some oddball stuff. Ordered Friday evening, order was sent to fedex sunday (apparently they even work sunday), and I received my stuff on Wednesday. Couldn't be happier. Cheapo $25 extract kits even came with a whirlfloc tablet and everything shipped free because I spent over $59.

By the way morebeer if you stumble upon this, it was an ad on this site that got me to check out your site. Advertising dollars well spent.

Morebeer has been good to me. They have a distribution center in Pittsburgh so I always receive my order one day after they ship it.

is there any specific reason? My only issue on an order from AHB, they ended up giving me bottle caps instead of alcohol boost, not a big deal in my book, and they gave me a coupon to compensate for that.

I wasn't happy with the way the order was processed or a problem was resolved. They seem to be doing quite well so others have had good experiences. I just know I can find what I want for competitive prices at different shops.

Almost all of my orders online have been through morebeer and I have never had a problem with anything. 2-row , specialty grain, yeast and equipment have all been great but I would recommend farmhouse or Yakima valley for hops

I love MoreBeer. Their kits are pretty kick-@ss, and with the "supersaver shipping", you never get sunk on shipping costs... especially when ordering 20 or 30 pounds of grains...

Also only good experiences for me! Only ordered equipment so far though.

Has anyone brewed their pliny clone? Love to try it

Morebeer has a new facility in PA now, so, its probably one of the faster/cheaper shipping places for you. But there are lots of other places which are much cheaper or depending on what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Back