Monitoring Ferm Chamber Temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeeRoe

Reaction score
How do you guys do this? I have a chest freezer, mini portable heater (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XDTWN2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20) and freezer plugged into a temperature controller (product/B015E2UFGM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00).

I could think of a few ways of doing it...

A.) Just drop the probe and read ambient
B.) Tape the probe to a fermentor
C.) Put the probe in a container of water (any problem using the starsan blowoff container???)

Any advice would help as I've been running into some issues where some fermentors are REALLY cold while others are hot (need to play around with where to place things etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Option B is your only real option if your fermenting. If your just aging or storing than A and C are fine. It needs to be on your beer thats actively fermenting to counteract the heat produced properly.

The best option is Option D) Buy a stainless thermowell off BrewersHardware for $12, and stick it down into your wort along with the probe.

Back