MJ M29 French Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea_88

Reaction score
Hi, Next week I will use M29 French saison yeast for my saison with rye malt. Do You have any advice on the temperatures to use during fermentation? Thanks

From the MJ wesite; Usage Directions: Sprinkle directly on up to 23 L (6 US Gal) of wort. For best results, ferment at 26-32 degrees C (79-90 degrees F).

I used M29 recently at 29℃, no problems with the ferment. 1.054 -> 1.004 over two weeks.

I really don't like Saisons but I think if I did I would like this one. Must get the work ladies around for a BBQ and see what they think.

Hey there, thought I would add my experience.

I brewed the Cottage House Saison from Revvy and used this yeast. I didn't have great temperature control, but did put the brew belt on the fermenter. It stayed between 28 and 30c for the first week, except one night when I turned it off by accident. I let it cool down the second week before bottling.

I'm not really a great taster, but the beer came out quite good in my opinion. A bit of funk up front. I really enjoyed the result. It went from 1.055 to 1.003 in about 4 days.

My SO likes it too, and we're taking to a few friends next weekend to get some more feedback. (socially distanced of course)
IMG_20200613_204313.jpg

Hey there, thought I would add my experience.

I brewed the Cottage House Saison from Revvy and used this yeast. I didn't have great temperature control, but did put the brew belt on the fermenter. It stayed between 28 and 30c for the first week, except one night when I turned it off by accident. I let it cool down the second week before bottling.

I'm not really a great taster, but the beer came out quite good in my opinion. A bit of funk up front. I really enjoyed the result. It went from 1.055 to 1.003 in about 4 days.

My SO likes it too, and we're taking to a few friends next weekend to get some more feedback. (socially distanced of course)
View attachment 684849
thank you for telling your experience, I think I will start fermenting at 24 C for the first 2-3 days and then raise the temperature to 28-29 C....I'd like to taste your Saison

Back