Mixing in some 'Wino' wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satanta

Reaction score
Due to a recent move most of my stuff is inacessible, even had to order some yeast to get things going.

I was looking for a gallon glass bottle and ended up getting some wheap wine for the bottle. [[Later found apple juice in glass and it's cheaper plus tastes better]]

So-I have drank about 2/3 of the crp over a month but not sure I really want to finish it. I have a thing about wasting anything so got to thinking of using it in a new batch of wine.

Pro's/Cons?

It's a disgusting winish grape kollaid thing...not as bad as MD 20/20 but only one shelf up from it.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. If the wine is already fermented, it won't ferment again. BUT..... you can save it and use it for "top up" wine that you're making. I'm wondering if it's a MadDog thing, though, if it has sorbate in it. Could you check the label and see? If there is any sorbate in it, keep it away from your fermenting wine.

Could just use it for cooking, but I don't know if you want to cook with something that isn't good enough to drink.

It is Carlos Rosi table wine. Sort of the higher class wine for winos vs Thunderbird or Ripple.

I saw nothing to indicate sorbet. Just the govt label warning about the effects of alcohol [[sort of for the same group of people that need a warning not to use the toaster in the bathtun.]]

I would pour it down the toilet but it might stain the porcelin purple.

A lot of people drink Carlo Rossi wine and it really isn't all that bad. It's a hell of a lot better than the Boone's Farm I used to drink in college. I'd suggest using it for cooking. I made a beef stew last weekend and used an entire 750ml bottle. At that rate it won't last long.

+1 on the cooking. I just used a bunch of that very wine for a basque lamb stew last night, came out great. I've also been known to make sangria with that stuff or "2-buck chuck" from trader joes.

+ 2 on cooking, it works well in a crockpot with a pot roast, carrots, potatoes & onions; just be sure you dilute it a bit so it doesn't dry out your meat. Regards, GF.

mmmm Carlo Rossi:At Least It's Not In A Box

Didn't see one of those but skipped the one in the plastic milk carton since I wanted the glass bottle.

Give it to the neighbors kids to play with around the pool. :D

I'll look into cooking something with it. I don't do much stews but my chili will burn the hair of your toes.

Latest posts

Back