Mini Kegs - what steps need to be done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vogel1985

Reaction score
Hi all,

still very new to this so apologies if this is a newbie question.

I have done a few brews before which i have always bottles after primary.

I have now bought some mini kegs with a Beer King CO² dispensing tap.

My question is if i should transfer from the primary into the keg or should i buy a secondary fermenter before transfering.
My brew that i would like to do this with is an easy kit from Coopers for "Real Ale".
Will it make a difference if i leave it in the primary for a few weeks and then transfer directly into the keg?
Will i also need to put sugar into the keg or will the CO2 dispensing tap be sufficient?

Thank you very much for your help :) :mug:

MINIKEg.jpg

"My question is if i should transfer from the primary into the keg or should i buy a secondary fermenter before transfering."

You can rack from the primary to the keg.

"My brew that i would like to do this with is an easy kit from Coopers for "Real Ale".
Will it make a difference if i leave it in the primary for a few weeks and then transfer directly into the keg?"

Nope.

"Will i also need to put sugar into the keg or will the CO2 dispensing tap be sufficient?"

I don't know how the setup works, but adding sugar and allowing time would carbonate the beer. Maybe the CO2 is used to keep the pressure high enough to dispense as you work your way through the keg.

Back