Mini Fridge Extension Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpeters45

Timber Chum
Reaction score
Here's my version of the mini fridge chamber that I have seen a few times on here. A $40 craigslist fridge, some lumber, insulation, and aluminum tape. I have my first pale ale in there now and it's holding steady at 68. i'm using the Inkbird dual controller, but don't need the heating side currently. If I do need heat this winter, I made a little heater out of a paint can and light bulb that I will use. I'm hoping it will get and hold cold enough to Lager but we shall see!

20170405_201129.jpg

20170408_094937.jpg

20170405_201116.jpg

Excellent build. I'm thinking of doing the same and using the same controller. How has it performed for you? Did you ever try lager temps? I want the flexibility for both ales and lagers.

It's worked perfectly for the two ales I've done. Held the temp right at 68 the entire time.
I haven't had a chance to try any lagers yet, but I suspect it will work great. I will keep this updated when I do try a lager, hopefully in the next month or so.

Back