Military Might

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been in the military myself - I don't have the personality to do it, but I'm also fascinated by the equipment.
Saw this one just now on my news feed|:

Retired guided missile frigate sunk in exercise
sink.jpg

It is simply amazing that the B 52 is still going.

And for that, the mighty KC-135. 65 years old and the mother of the last pilot who will ever fly it hasn’t been born yet. Easily out lived the KC-10, and the KC-46 doesn’t have a chance. NKAWTG...N

Last edited:
Night, in the weather, getting a drink from a KC 135 took big cohonies . Even bigger from the back seat with a new pilot in the front. You could always tell when you had an old boom operator. He would "fly" you around with the boom.

the finnish military is built around the principle of slow retreat and making the opponent pay(3 guesses which of our 3 neighbours it's built around) for every meter. This is built around a massive amount of artillery and by using the terrain to bunch up the enemy mostly:

Crazy low level flying.

EF-18s out of Whidbey Island. I thought I'd recognized the terrain. What a perfect day to fly a low-level hop. CAVOK, no bumps down low through the passes, absolutely 'silk' approach and landing.

Oh, to be young, fearless and bullet proof again! Back in the day the 'rules' on low-level routes were "300 kts [+/- a "few" and <500' AGL]. Set the radar altimeter at 200' and try to make the low altitude warning light keep blinking on and off. In reality, as long as you didn't hit the ground or exceed the speed of sound you were "good to go."

USAF "Chair" Force rules were different, I'm told. What I want to see on YouTube is video of someone flying under the Deception Pass bridge. If this video link didn't get your heart pumping, Deception Pass will give you a heart attack.

Latest posts

Back