Might be going pro (but not really)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Priemus

Reaction score
Edited away for now ;)

Ill keep you updated when I find out the legality of what I hope to be doing.

Can lock, delete.

Well, the first thing you should do, is post that you are going to intentionally break the law on the largest homebrewing site there is. Second, you should put on your flamesuit and pre-emptively tuck your tail between your legs. Third, you should make me some popcorn so I can sit back and enjoy the show. Thanks!

/Snark, it's whats for lunch.

Edited away for now

Ill keep you updated when I find out the legality of what I hope to be doing.

Can lock, delete.

Do you live in the Bergen or is this some town in Kentucky or something?

If you are in the US, this is clearly breaking and not bending the law and it is an extremely bad idea. You and the bar owner are taking a risk, as far as I can tell, over your ego.

If you are in Norway it's probably worse. They aren't known for being liberal about alcohol.

Also you say this is a microbrewery...

Why don't you brew the IPA on their equipment? That would be all kinds of legal.

Ahh yes, I forgot the country location ;)

¤edits¤

Ill come back to this later.

I'm asking this because I don't have a clue what the laws are when it comes to something like this.. I mean I DO know we can't sell our homebrew.. BUT..

If we are employed by someone that has a brewers license, that's all that's required if someone like me were to make beer for that person correct? As long as they have the license and the equipment is on their property?

Do I have to be fully employed by them?

Well I posted originally just to kinda get an idea of what people thought, but on closer inspection it was pointed out , and i appreciate that, that until I have some kind of other agreement, use of premises or equipment I would be better off not even mentioning the drunken agreement with the boss ;)

In short where I work the brew equipment is technically rented and they supply the people to brew on it. It wouldnt be a legal issue so far as the selling of it so much as produced by someone not provided by the 3rd party company.

But, Im gonna ask we end this thread for now. It might end up hurting me a little more than I intended it too ;)

thanks, and lock request.

Don't we already have an ongoing "lock this thread" thread??

I just don't know if I can manage to follow both at the same time. I might get confused.

Latest posts

Back