Midwest Apple Ale Extract Beer Kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpcustoms

Reaction score
The woman has given me a challenge. Basically if I can make an apple ale that is the best she has ever had (with the equpiment i have avalible). She will stop getting mad when I bring home more beer stuff. Which is awesome because im going to be building a bar in the garage in a few months :ban: but she doesnt know that yet haha. I am limited to extracts for the time being.
so here is my question is this a good kit, what would you do differently if you were in this situation what would you brew and why?

I personally did not like this beer, it had too much of a Jolly Rancher green apple taste. I still have over half a batch left after 2 years, I just can't drink it. I had two buddies brew this as well using different amounts of the apple flavoring and neither of them like it either.

If I was going to make something with apple flavor I would make Ed Wort's Applewein: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/edworts-apfelwein-33986/ .

Good Luck!

Thank You I love that idea. Ordered all the stuff I need yesterday and cant wait to try it.

I understand you can also skip the apple flavoring and use cider instead.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Home Brew mobile app

Back