Middle Tennessee Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will work but I would need the drive to call me and give me an ETA or have a known date a delivery.

Once everybody is paid we will pay NCM and make sure that we can get the grain delivered during Spring Break, right Ranger?

I know that Rebel is working on a grain mill that will carry their name. It is supposed to be SS, but could be a couple of bucks more. Rebel is sold out of the mills at this time or I might run down and pick one up.

I'm kidding by the way... I'm with you on the customer service though, must be nice to be in a business where you don't care about interested customers or selling your product. Thanks again for your efforts.

Good job boys, all of HBT is paid in full. Just one more payment and were ready to rock.

_

It seems that one of the 2 non-HBT members is the hold-up. I am sorry for that and I thought he would have taken care of this last night. I will e-mail him to let him know that he is the only one who hasn't paid.

It seems that one of the 2 non-HBT members is the hold-up. I am sorry for that and I thought he would have taken care of this last night. I will e-mail him to let him know that he is the only one who hasn't paid.

We still have some time, but it would be nice to be ready on our end.

_

I just got an e-mail back and it looks like he will do it this afternoon. He apparently was fighting with his not that old flat screen TV. I think his priorities are not in order!:D

We're oficially 100% paid in full. Let the games begin. Now to get a firm date and pray the truck can meet it.

_

Any word on the status of the grain buy?

We're nailing down a date. I believe were shooting for Thursday the 17th.

If anyone wants it faster, all I need is commercial address in Nashville and enough room to store it so everyone can get it at their leisure. Not an easy task.:D

It may be sooner. We all owe Ranger9913 a big thanks. He's doing everything possible to speed things up.

_

Cheers to Ranger, 1234, Wildwest... and anyone else behind the scenes! :mug:

I'll admit, I am just as stoked about the group brewgather as I am the grain!

I am willing to host the group brew day at my house on the weekend that we get the grain. I would ask that if you have mash tun and boil kettles then bring them. Please bring a propane tank if you have one. I am thinking that I would like to do a Nut Brown Ale. What does anybody else want to do. We will probably have some folks who will just need to bring a carboy and some cash. How about you bring some beer if you have it as well, that way we can each see what others are brewing.

I am willing to host the group brew day at my house on the weekend that we get the grain.

That stinks for me because I have a professional licensure exam to study for this weekend (will take on Monday the 14th) and a major project for work to complete next weekend (which is due on Monday the 21st) . After those, I'm free for quite a while... wish I could be there, but I'll catch the next brewhaha. Thanks again everyone for all the efforts in scoring this deal for all of us.

I just want to echo the thanks for all of the time and effort you guys put in to organizing this. I'm sure at times it was much akin to herding cats...

1234 - I would love to join but I have family coming in. Maybe I can catch everyone on the next one.

Great job pulling this all together and in such a short time. I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing in the brewing experience... Cheers!

I too would like to thank all those involved with this behind the scenes organization of this group buy. This is going much more smoothly than I initially thought it might.

I am also looking forward to the group brew day and hope I am able to make it...it is always nice to meet new people, especially those that share the same passion as you do about a hobby...

No more thank you's until the grain is actually here.

There's still a crapload more that could go wrong. Of course, i'm a complete optimist.:rolleyes:

When is this group brew day you all speak of? I don't think I can brew, but I can bring beer.

-

No more thank you's until the grain is actually here.

There's still a crapload more that could go wrong. Of course, i'm a complete optimist.:rolleyes:

When is this group brew day you all speak of? I don't think I can brew, but I can bring beer.

-

+1...but we are thanking you guys for the effort if nothing else... :ban:

I also don't think I can stick around for a whole brew day. And since my brew days tend to take 7-8 hours, I don't think I'd be doing everyone else any favors, unless someone wants to mash 12 pounds of Pils in advance.

And yes, a huge thank you to the guys putting this together. I will be bringing a couple thank-you bombers for WildWest, Ranger, and Bobby.

As of this moment, if all goes according to plan, our grain will be here sometime this Friday! It has been ordered and paid for, the rest is up to the trucker.

_

What would work for a brew day for everyone? I was thinking the 19th of this month.

I couldnt do the 19th, my sons birthday is the 20th and I am sure I'll have a little honey do to take care of on the 19th...

I am thinking any other weekend after that might work...

I need to know who wants a barley crusher! I have gotten a price and you guys will like it, but for a shipping price I need to know how many we would be ordering. Shipping is going to up the price by about 7 bucks. It is still a good deal. Let me know quickly so I can get back with the guy at BC.

We can do either, but Wild West suggests the 7lb. Shipping will be higher on the 15.

As will the initial price. It's not really a big deal to fill the hopper twice for an average batch, imo. It's not hard to make an extension for larger grain amounts if need be. Just my .02.

In my experience the 7lb hopper will only fit 6lbs of grain.

_

I already broke down and bought one. With the delay, I kinda thought the notion had died. I still want to be in on the brew day when everyone decides a time.

Back