Member for 8 years, This is my second post.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamG

Reaction score
Hi,
Guess it's time to introduce myself since I have been lurking around here since 2008....
I found this site 8 years ago out of a strong desire to become a home brewer.
I have made many extracts over the years, but I just don't feel satisfied calling it my own.

So fast forward to today I have found myself in a much better position time wise to try an AG brew.

My plan is to purchase what is needed to do 10g batches. I don't want to have to buy new equipment later.

I just purchased my Keg system on the weekend..... So excited to get it filled and carbed. I am also a few hours away from finishing a DIY Kegerator.

I am looking forward to the day I am experienced enough to become a contributing member here.
Thanks you for all the help. This site is amazing !!!!

Cam

Hi,
Guess it's time to introduce myself since I have been lurking around here since 2008....
I found this site 8 years ago out of a strong desire to become a home brewer.
I have made many extracts over the years, but I just don't feel satisfied calling it my own.

So fast forward to today I have found myself in a much better position time wise to try an AG brew.

My plan is to purchase what is needed to do 10g batches. I don't want to have to buy new equipment later.

I just purchased my Keg system on the weekend..... So excited to get it filled and carbed. I am also a few hours away from finishing a DIY Kegerator.

I am looking forward to the day I am experienced enough to become a contributing member here.

Cam

Good decision on starting with the 10g setup. As you said, you'd be upgrading to that anyway if you're sticking with it (it seems you are).

Congrats on the upgrade to kegs. You'll love it.

See you in 2024.

I wish I would of started with a 10 gallon setup. I only did 5 gallons for a short amount of time before regretting it. However, now I just expand my brew days and make two five gallon batches at once. The only advantage is I get to make two different styles now if I want to but...its more time for sure.

Either way, you will really enjoy the new depth of your hobby.

Cam

Welcome. (I guess that's appropriate even though you've been here longer than myself.)

But the real question is how did the Coffee / Chocolate added to Coopers Kit turn out. People have been wanting to know. :mug:

I'll be back in 2024 with passedpawn to find out. :D

;)

Welcome back. Sooner or later, they all come back to spawn something new. If you don't post more often now, I'll see ya in a few, when I'm 67...;)

Hi Guys,
Ok I promise it won't be another 8 years before you hear from me again......
I did get a good laugh at that though....

But honestly every time I need to ask a question I do a search and i get all the answers I need, and If I am not experienced enough to help others yet it doesn't leave me much opportunities to post...

However here is a little update.. Kegerator is finished and I purchased a second keg this morning along with another primary fermenter as well.... This is the first time I have ever had more than 1 fermenter running. I now have an IPA cold crashing as of this morning, another IPA ready for dry hoping, and I am going to do an Oatmeal Stout tonight. All kits for now.

Welcome. (I guess that's appropriate even though you've been here longer than myself.)

But the real question is how did the Coffee / Chocolate added to Coopers Kit turn out. People have been wanting to know. :mug:

I'll be back in 2024 with passedpawn to find out. :D

;)

Good question, Unfortunately I never got to try it. That was right at the time I took a break from the hobby as life got busy... starting a family and lots of traveling with work.

But I am looking forward to trying some of those ideas with the Oatmeal Stout.

Thanks,
Cam

Latest posts

Back