mega bubblegum with 1388

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHBT

Reaction score
i have used this yeast many times but this round i experimented at below recommended temps to see what happens and BOOM its like bazooka bubble gum perfume, pretty cool though cause its still fermenting and needs to finish but i have a feeling its gonna condition in pear ester eventually which i feel is the norm for this strain any how just wanted to share that and see if others have got bubblegum with 1388 its my first time i did and i ran 1388 quite a few times usually warmer though

It's caused by Isoamyl Acetate, which is produced in fermentation especially when fermented cool by some yeasts, including some Belgians. It should drop out after a couple weeks, when the yeast drops out of suspension.

It's caused by Isoamyl Acetate, which is produced in fermentation especially when fermented cool by some yeasts, including some Belgians. It should drop out after a couple weeks, when the yeast drops out of suspension.
I figured that, not concerned just surprised cause most people say they get BG at high temps

Im actually happy cause im learning more about this strain and more info i have on its behavior the more i can coax characters, its a pretty complex yeast this 1388

Isn't the isoamyl acetate the banana flavour and the ethyl butyrate the bubble gum or ethyl acetate and ethyl butyrate combined or something else?

Yes pretty certain isoamyl acetate is 🍌 bubble gum kinda resembles artificial banana candy imo

Back