Medicine taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhelegda

Reaction score
Ok so I have been brewing 5 years I am clean and sanitary, however I have brewed two beers back to back that have a medicine taste...same water source for the last year as I moved...not sure what I should be checking?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So you have done a number of brews with your current water supply that didn't have that medicinal flaw? Were any of them similar recipes as well - or were both of these brews new for you?

If there's nothing to go on there, rattle through your current brew day workings and try to think of anything you're doing or using that's different.

eg: same cleaners, sanitizers, and regimen? same vessels, tubing, etc?

Back to the water - is it a public water supply, or a private supply?
If the former, is it possible there's been a change in the sanitation regimen (ie: they're pumping more chloramine or chlorine into the distribution system?)

Cheers!

I just got the first batch like that myself. I figured city must have done a shock treatment to the water. I am now using campdum tablets to help battle the chlorine.

It is city water. I changed from using PBW to B-brite, but still using star san as my sanitizer. I brewed this on at night time.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back